Friday, September 7, 2018

09/08/18 - CKC September / Projects #1 and #2

Hellooooo there!
Today I am sharing my first 2 layouts with my September Counterfeit Kit as inspired by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.
They are both 12x12 Traditional Layouts, though one is a Project Life Layout.
Oh, and you might notice just how much I love circles by the fact that they both have a large circle in the design... I didn't do that intentionally but my scrappy style does tend to gravitate towards "circle usage".
Oh and they both have a Black and White BG...
again, not intentional, just worked out that way.
Luckily, the dates of the layouts mean they won't be right next to each other in the album though.

"Day At The Beach"
Journaling Top:
"We didn't go to the beach last year, so my goal this year was to go... at least once!"

Journaling Bottom:
"First time trying rolled ice cream
Loved it!
'Chocolate Monster' Chocolate Cake, Nutella, & Kit Kat"
29 July 2018
.
.
Unfortunately I mangled one side of that title sticker during the creative process...still debating whether it bugs me enough to go buy another set of stickers just to replace that 1 sticker #TheStruggle, LOL
(Raise your hand if you feel me!)
 

Next up:

"Project Life - Week 28"
Journaling
Top to bottom:

1) "I honestly think my life would be incomplete w/out animals. Yes, even this PITA (Pain In The Ass)! Very early morning cuddles."

2) "Reading real books means cute bookmarks! This one was sent to me by my Instagram Bestie: Jenny"

3) "Speaking of books...finished #13. "Why Not Me?" by Mindy Kaling. Good, but not as good as her first."

4) "Ever since they released 2oz sizes of their cookies, I have been obsessed w/ Lenny & Larry's; I order them by the box! Half the size = Half the calories."
.
.
I bought the hexagon stickers last year and wound up hating them, LOL
So I was determined to use as many as I could here in order to get rid of them (use it up ladies!)
I used 7 of them..
They wound up working really well w/ the added circle stickers and enamel dots:
.
.
Overall, not my favorite layout... I see flaws that I'm trying very hard to not make me crazy... but done is better than perfect, right?!

What you're not seeing is during this same week we went to Vegas for a couple of days,  of which I created/will have created 4 other layouts about our adventures. So in reality there will be 5 pages for this week of PL! 
I've shared 2 of them already: 
Yes, I like to mix things up like that! ::wink::
.
.
And yes...
I'm still chugging along w/ Project Life... 
I've said it before, and I'll probably say it a thousand times more: this is my first year doing Project Life and it is a definite learning process!
I'm behind but I had a feeling that would eventually happen. 

I  am desperately trying to catch up... so it's more difficult to plan ahead for actual real-life Pocket Pages which is why you haven't seen those in awhile.
I'm not too concerned about it though, other than my pocket page protectors collecting dust...Doh!
Hopefully I can find the opportunity to fit some more into my album before the year is up... but if not, I'm not gonna worry about it. 
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.... except for mangled stickers  ::wink::

4 comments:

  1. Loveeee these!! (and YES! I feel your struggle with the sticker! HA!) Loving that little bookmark she sent you too!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Raising hand*.

    Although, I can't even tell where it's mangled, so I think you're ok to leave it this way. I'd write more, but I must IMMEDIATELY google to see if there is rolled ice cream anywhere near me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two FAB layouts, Doreen!!!! Love the mix of colors and patterns! So many little details to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layouts. I can't notice the mangled sticker, but I know how it feels to want to take something off and replace it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...