Tuesday, August 14, 2018

08/14/18 - CKC August/Project #4

 Hi there!
Stopping by to share another layout from my August Counterfeit Kit.
This brings my project total up to 4 so far: 
- One (2 page ) Traveler's Notebook Spread
and
- Three 12x12 Layouts
 
 
"Wahlburgers & Sugar Factory"
Journaling:
"Top: lunch at Wahlburgers. I tried their new plant-based burger.
It was delish but expensive; $18 just for the burger! 07.08.18
Bottom: lunch at Sugar Factory. Drink = Coconut Banana. 07.09.18"

Also some journaling on the "July" Studio Calico Documenter Card - AKA - PL Card:
"(early) 17th wedding Anniversary -July- Vegas Trip"

As w/ the last 3 layouts, everything on here is from my counterfeit kit and I'm so happy to FINALLY have use that "&" as I've had it in my stash for a couple of years now.
It's wood and I'm not very found of wood embellishments, though I do love wood grain paper!
Speaking of...
I chose the wood grain paper for the BG because of the tan colors and "wood" in the photos of Wahlburgers. Then to help lighten up the layout and tie in the more "cute-sy" vibe of Sugar Factory I used my white and yellow flower patterned paper.
And circles, yes...circles again... what can I say, they're my thing! ::shrugs::

Another thing that is "my thing" lately is combing similar themed photos from different days on 1 layout (remember my 4th of July layout? LINK: July 4th Layout)
For me it's a way to scrap my memories w/out wasting too much space.
If I had scrapped just one of these meals on this layout I would have only used 2 photos and needed to use another page to scrap the other 2... but instead, here I've used 4 photos and left room in my scrapbook for a page about something else.
Saving space in my scrapbooking has also become "a thing" for me.

For funsies, I added a self-adhesive enamel star over the dot that was over the "j" in "july".
I've recently become somewhat of an enamel dot/shape junkie (do you also see the 4 green dots on the layout? Yup self-adhesive enamel!)

And lastly those less-than-half green circles...  they were actually that size on the scrap of paper I had in my kit, which made them THE PERFECT size. I punched them out w/ my circle punch leaving the rest of the scrap intact for future use.

Another page I just LOVE; I think I could get used to this!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for getting your photos onto pages! Awesome layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I totally hear you about combining similar themed photos to not waste space. I do that too, and I love the look. The ampersand is perfect here and yes, I did notice the enamel dots. Now I need an explanation of why you have a shirt that says AVOCADO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeee this! I think the wood grain was a perfect choice with these photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wood grain paper, I tend to do the same thing, unless it's a special event, like first dinner out as empty nesters.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...