Sunday, September 2, 2018

09/02/18 - CKC for September

 
Hello,
I'm playing along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog again this month. 
Here is the inspiration kit:
 
It is the Noel Mignon kit from October 2017 and you can see the full kit here:
 
 
And here's mine.
I call it "You Had Me at Pumpkin Spice"
 
Heads up....
This is my biggest Counterfeit Challenge Blog Kit to date.
I've always felt I had to limit myself to keep with the spirit of the Challenge, but when I saw so many other players,  design team members, guest designers create large kits, I realized that was not the case. 
Good thing cuz 
I had so many items that worked well with the inspiration kit this month!
And really it is still small compared to my full scrappy arsenal!


First my papers:
5 cardstock
6 Floral
2 Woodgrain
2 Polka Dot
5 Fall-Themed / 2 Which are cut-aparts
20 Total



Alphas and Embellishments 
Fall, Wood, Orange, misc...
2 of the sheets of alphas/embellishment sheets are actually by Jillibean Soup and are similar to the Jillibean Soup pieces in the inspiration kit
Also, I had the same Echo Park "Perfect Autumn" set, though theirs is chipboard while mine is a sticker sheet
 
 

Embellishments
Lots of Fall inspired patterns and colors along with some scraps 
Included: a spray mist, washi (1 in black and 2 in Fall colors) and Lawn Fawn stamps ... more Winter than Fall but it should still work
Enamel dots/shapes
Lots of Word/Phrase embellishments: stickers, wood, acrylics, cork
And a whole lot of OLD Wood/Chipboard/Corrugated Wood embellishments that I had forgotten I had until I started putting my kit together
Some PL Cards
My circle punch cuz I love using circles*
Coffee PP, Coffee PL Card, and Coffee Stickers (upper left), you know...JIC Pumpkin Spice happens, LOL
Also acrylic Food/Drink stamps cuz I'm a Foodie 
Oh and I snuck some beach stickers in because I still have some beach photos to scrap and the kit does have blue and blue makes me think of blue skies and, at this time of year, beaches
so yeah, I made it fit ::wink::
*I have a smaller circle punch that I misplaced  but hope to find and use
 
and finally

Freebies -AKA- For My Animals
Because I always seem to be scrapping my fur-babies/hair-kid
Though I did try to keep it in a similar color palette as the inspiration.
 
 
It may look like a lot but a lot of the stuff is leftovers that need to be used up. 
And using up items is a large part of the point of the challenge.

If you have time this month, come play along...
Still plenty of time to get your kit together!

11 comments:

  1. Oooohh! So many fun scrappy goodies in your kit! I can't wait to see what you create in September. I will probably be using my kit throughout September, October, and November for all of my fall scrapping - one reason why it is so big! Have fun creating with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit is awesome and I love the name. Looking forward to seeing what you make from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Kit. Love the piggie paper that is too cute. Glad to see you playing along - it gets addicting.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy Echo Park and darling Doodlebug - you've put together a fabulous kit. I cannot wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome kit and love that you went with the blues of the kit :) It's great to see a big kit too and love the addition of the animal kit in the same color scheme really making the kit work with your stash. Excited to see what you create with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kit name totally fits you!! Haha...can't wait to see what you come up with :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "You Had Me at Pumpkin Spice" copy cat kit is perfect for September, Doreen!!! Wonderful! I'm excited to see how you use everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, your kit name is genius and so fitting! Great kit and your embellishments are especially lovely - hope you have fun this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kit is gorgeous and I'm pleased to see you using left over pieces of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the kit, I see you have those animal stickers that I loved so much but never bought lol...and there's plenty of us who subscribe to the "GO BIG KIT OR GO HOME" mantra! It's all your stash interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...