Saturday, November 3, 2018

11/03/18 - CKC November Kit Reveal

Hi there,
Welcome to another installment of the Counterfeit Kit Blog!
This is the inspiration kit for November; it's from Citrus Twist.
It is their October Kit and it is called "Little Things":


Here's the link to the website where you can see more photos of it: Citrus Twist Kit
BEAUTIFUL, right?!
I'm fighting w/ myself NOT to buy it, LOL
(Yes, it's still available!)


I always start creating my kit by making a list of what stands out to me.
Some of these ideas came from the actual papers, some from the embellishments.
  • Flowers 
  • Animals 
  • Coffee (because of the "coffee rings" paper, bottom left) 
  • Music Notes 
  • Vines 
  • Clouds 
  • Stars 
  • Cameras
Before I show you my kit I want to tell you I cheated just a little...
But it wasn't intentional, and whether it's cheating or not depends on your personal opinion.

Here's the story.
Last year a "Tuesday Morning" store opened up in a nearby city.
I had heard great things about their scrappy deals and had wanted to check it out but never seemed to have the time or, when I did, remembered to go.
Yesterday I made time, I actually wrote it on my To-Do list (along w/ about 7 other items).
What I heard about their scrappy area as correct; lots of great stuff at low(er) prices!
I was pretty proud of myself as I only spent about $25.

Fast Forward to my drive home when I was looking at my purchases, at a red light of course, and realized that one of the kits I bought would work perfect for my counterfeit kit because it had:
- Music Notes, -Vines, - Clouds, - Stars and - Cameras
It wasn't something I planned I just bought what I liked and it worked out!


So here is my Counterfeit Kit (papers):



Top Left hand side is the kit I was referring to.
Here is a photo of it by itself:



Back to my Counterfeit Kit:
On the right-hand side you will see a Flower PP. That, and the 2 "cut-apart" papers underneath it were also bought at "Tuesday Morning" yesterday. They are from a huge Amy Tangerine Paper Pad I bought for only $6.99!
And as I'm sure you noticed, the "Eclectic" kit was only $5.99.
Yup, deals alright!
You want to know why they're so cheap? Because it's old product.
The "Eclectic" kit is from 2012 and the Amy Tangerine is from 2015.
I don't mind because TBH I miss a lot of the old style of my favorite manufacturers!
I saw some kits for sale that I have already owned, and that I loved, and almost bought them again...but then decided I should get some new (to-me) stuff.
I bought a 2011 Echo Park Christmas Kit ($5.99), some alphas and a few random embellishments as well.

Anyway, let me stop before this turns into a complete "Tuesday Morning" commercial, LOL

All the other papers are from my stash; isn't that Cat Unicorn paper adorable?! That's from Websters Pages
I also have Bella Blvd, Jillibean Soup, Doodlebug, and Crate Paper thrown into the mix!
The mug paper is also Amy Tangerine but it's not new.

Here are my embellishments:

The details:
I found a book printed paper in my stash to mimic the one in the kit.
I pulled out some wood embellishments. I don't even like wood embellishments but they're in the kit and having them in mine will push me to use them! BTW - the "&"s I didn't even know I had until I cleaned my scrap room!
Lots of Coffee and Animal themed items...including cat, dog, and coffee washi tapes
I pulled out my current favorite Gold Alphas, trying to use those up, yet not... (cuz I love them, LOL)
I pulled out 4 stamp sets - Alphas (never been used), Animals (only 1 has been used), Food, and a random fun one with popular Instagram Hashtags like "Taco Tuesday" and "Sunday Funday" (next to the alphas)
A few random enamel shapes and puffy stickers (puffy stickers are Heidi Swapp and are from "Tuesday Morning" also)
A set of rub-ons that are so old I don't even know if they are going to work!
A date stamp
A few other alpha stickers
My Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Word Stickers
Random Project Life (like) cards
Journaling Labels
and of course all of my circle making items


Finally -
Not pictured:
-Cardstock in Black, White, Neutral AKA: Beige/Kraft
-Project Life App
-(1) 12x12 Piggy PP that I forgot to put in my paper stack ::doh::!!

I absolutely love my kit, it's one of my faves so far!
Can't wait to get started.

BTW - cast your vote below if you think I "cheated" or not, LOL
(I truly won't get upset if you think I did ::wink::)

11 comments:

  1. Doreen: My opinion is that verdict is pending until we see if you actually use the papers and extras from the purchased kits. Yes, they are old in terms of the vendors' inventories but new to you. So get busy and show us some amazing layouts, journals, and pocket pages!!! No pressure! You've got 26.5 days remaining for paper-crafting with your November kit! :) Hugs! (a bit of crafting bargain envy, too!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Ack (no pressure?)! And that's a fair opinion! ::wink::

      Delete
  2. WE all put our own spin on the CKC. Looking forward to seeing your creations on our blog or FB pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did not cheat.

    I love Tuesday Morning for scrapbook bargains! I've found some amazing stuff there and I don't care one bit that it isn't the latest and greatest. I've even found things like Bazzill cardstock, which is timeless. Unfortunately, our TM closed a few months ago. Fortunately, there is plenty in my scraproom to keep me busy for years. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tuesday Morning!! And I love your kit!! I can’t wait to build mine.
    PS: Now I need to stop at TM again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No cheating IMO! :) I loveeeeeeee what you came up with!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree no cheating :) I've used new to me product too and it's an old outdated product :) Have fun with it and so envious as would love to have a Tuesday Morning and a Hobby Lobby in our area :) Looking forward to seeing what you create with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hobby Lobby is another dangerous place for me... and it's across the street from Tuesday Morning! (Joanns and Michaels are too...::sigh:: LOL)

      Delete
  7. definitely not cheating :) Love all your goodies...sounds like you had some awesome finds at TM :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doreen as always I enjoy your animal paper and yes the cat uniform is adorable. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not cheating, I went through a ton of paper pads and tore out coordinating papers. I love that you are going to be using a heap of old products, my kind of girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...