Tuesday, September 25, 2018

09/25/28 - CKC September / Project #6

This is my 6th and final project for the September Edition of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.
I will be going on vacation soon and will not have time to scrap any more for this challenge (if any).
I made 7 last month so w/ one week to spare before the end, I feel like I did pretty good creating 6 layouts this month!
 
This is a 2 pager in my "Food Themed" Travelers Notebook.
It contains lots of journaling!
 
 
"Rolled Ice Cream"

"July 29th, 2018 -
David and I tried rolled ice cream for the first time... and I loved it!
This one is "The Chocolate Monster": Chocolate Cake, Nutella, and Kit Kat - Number 9 on the menu at "The Roll Ice Cream" in Huntington Beach.
I loved the flavor and the texture; the fact that you could chew it a bit before it actually started to melt.
I wasn't a fan of the price though: $7.99!*
IDK if that's the going price or if it's because it's by the beach but yikes!
Anyway, something I would definitely have again, just not very often.

What Is Rolled Ice Cream?

Choose your ice cream and add-ins.  The liquid ice cream is added to an anti-griddle that chills anything  that touches it to (-)4 degrees farenheit. The toppings are then mashed in and just as it all begins to freeze, it's spread into thin layer which is then rolled up and added to a cup. More toppings can be added on top.
Originated in Thailand."

The description of how rolled ice cream is made was paraphrased from an online article; shortened/re-phrased in a few places to help make it fit in my condensed space.

*TBF - the price includes unlimited toppings.
But you wouldn't be able to tell by mine because I kept my toppings minimal...
as a person who suffers from anxiety, when I have too many choices I panic and wind up choosing...nothing, LOL



Coincidentally my very first counterfeit challenge layout for this month included a photo of this ice cream also:




As much as I loved this layout, I felt like I wanted to explain more of what exactly rolled ice cream was, especially after I had a lot of inquiries.
So, I printed another copy of the photo, yes I scrapped the same photo twice, and added a few bits and pieces from my kit, some doodling, and a whole lot of journaling!

BTW - if you recall I was contemplating replacing the "mangled" sticker on my 12x12 layout...
I wound up doing it... it just bugged me WAY too much!
The rest of the stickers will be used so it's not exactly like I wasted money.
Besides, my sanity is priceless, LOL

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! And I am glad you gave the explanation - I have heard of it, just didn't know exactly what it was -- but it does look yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job with this kit! Love all the stuff you made. And after your layout, I looked up rolled ice cream locations near us and in our next vacation spot and mapped out a plan to get me some of that goodness. LOL! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you set up your pages to have half circled lettering, circles, and dotted paper to match the cup that your ice cream was served in!!! Super terrific planning!!! Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried that type of ice cream--but I so need to. Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...