Sunday, September 23, 2018

09/23/18 - September "Ugly Paper" Challenge

I skipped August, and I don't think I posted July...
I will have to check and if not, post later..
But today I bring you my creation for the "Ugly Games" challenge for September 2018.
 
 
A re-cap of the rules:
 
1. After signing up, the host gives your name and address to another participant
2. The other participant sends you 2 "ugly" papers and at least one ugly embellishment
3. You MUST use both papers; the embellishment(s) is optional
4. You are allowed to use other items as well, as long as the 2 "ugly" papers are included in the layout
5. You are allowed to alter the papers and, if used, the embellishment(s) but they must still be recognizable  
 
 
Uglies:
 
 
 
 
My   
12x12
Traditional Layout
 
"Love Is Love"

 Journaling:
"As long as my kids are happy, I'm happy and Joseph is VERY happy right now!"

My son, Joseph, is the one w/ the glasses.
This is him w/ his fiancée
I stole the photos from his Instagram Stories, LOL

The wedding is in May 2019.

Ugly Papers are the BG and the blue flowered paper and the ugly embellishment I used, out of the 3 given to me, is the "Patriotic Top Hat".

I used the top hat for 2 reasons:
1 - Matches my son's Captain America shirt, which BTW was a total coincidence; I didn't even notice he was wearing it until I printed the photo!
2 - Same Sex Marriage is legal in the USA

TFSB

7 comments:

  1. I saw this from checking out the counterfeit kit challenge. Your processes are great, and you are funny. I have not heard of the ugly paper challenge, I love what you did. I also have a son with a same sex fiance and I think I want to use that title on a page, it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! And congrats to your son and his fiancé! Love is Definitely Love! :0)

      Delete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING how you used the 'uglies'!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet layout Doreen. I love how you combine the papers together and they look great. You find some neat challenges. Welcome to Use Your Stuff Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those aren't quite as ugly as usual, but the resulting LO is dynamite. Congrats to Joseph (and Nick)! How exciting that you get to look forward to their wedding!! I want to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #LoveWins great layout showing their love :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...