Friday, September 21, 2018

09/21/18 - CKC September / Project #5


Hello,
Just dropping by to share my latest:
a page I made w/ my September "Counterfeit Kit Challenge" blog kit.
 
Before I do, some background...
I have Food-Themed Traveler's Notebook (no big surprise there, right?! LOL)
And it's been a while since I created anything in it.
I pulled it out a couple of nights ago to add to it and as I flipped through previously completed pages I was not liking what I saw.
Oh, I still loved the pages I created! But what I didn't like was the blank pages that proceeded/followed them. For the most part I create 1 page layouts in my journals.
I rarely fill in the other side unless the theme (w/in the theme) corresponds well w/ the other page.
And generally I'm perfectly okay w/ the look of it.
 
 
But this time,  flipping through my journal, I felt like the blank page made the book look empty, even...ugly.
So, using my counterfeit kit, I spruced up the other side.
 
Take a look:

Before


After

All of the items on the left-hand side are from my kit and since it is the only page I created this go-round it still counts for the counterfeit challenge.
Also because it references a "Fall-Themed" food it counts for their current challenge:
- "Do a project about Fall -Anything Fall related - leaves, apples, cold weather and so on"

BTW the "Forever Autumn " was 2 separate stickers.
The word "Friends" proceeded "Forever" but since I don't have any friends, I cut it off, LOL
And since I was eating a Pumpkin Spice dessert in March what I changed the phrase into was perfect!
Oh, and just a reminder of my kit name, in case you forgot: "You Had Me at Pumpkin Spice"! ::wink::

TFSB!
And feel free to let me know if you've ever done something similar...
(Added to an old layout).

8 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I loooovvveee that idea! I usually go back and fill with random pages/creations like that. You totally made me laugh out loud with your “I have no friends” because I know that’s a dang lie! Thanks for sharing! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added to this!! So FABULOUS!!! And lol to the no friends thing!! I feel like that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I'm laughing about the Friends thing too. Introverts, unite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could have meant your food was your friend forever ahahaha :D Love the layouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creative idea to enhance your food journal! The colors and elements match so well you would never know (aside from this post) that you hadn't crafted both pages at the same time. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That thick "today" gives a nice bold look to your left page and picks up those black tile alpha stickers on the right page. And I agree with Becca - your pages go together so nicely that I wouldn't have thought you made them at separate times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...