Saturday, September 15, 2018

09/15/18 - CKC September / Projects #3 & #4 and Use Your Stuff

I have already shared 2 layouts made from my September 2018 Counterfeit Kit (as inspired by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog)...
and I am happy to share... 2 more!
I created these this past week.
Both are Traditional 12x12 Layouts:

"Saved"
Journaling: "Starbucks almost ruined my Fall when they got rid of their "light" menu; no PSL for me...until this:
-Grande - Blonde Americano
- 2 Pumps Pumpkin Sauce
- Splash of Almond Milk
and -1 Sweet - N- Low

A substitute recipe suggested by my co-worker. Just as tasty and saved me 145 calories and $1.40
-YAY- "

 I didn't name my counterfeit kit "You Had Me at Pumpkin Spice"; for nothing, LOL

Back Story: Starbucks got rid of their ready-made light recipe line of drinks, both hot and cold …
so I thought it would be no Pumpkin Spice Lattes or Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos for me this year, since I ONLY drink light... but then my co-worker shared how she orders her drink and "saved Fall" for me!
See, I'm not good at recipes in any shape or form (LOL) so I really thought I was going to have to do w/out! I'm so glad that's not the case...though I still need to figure out a Frappuccino alternative.

...

This second layout was also created from my Counterfeit Kit and is Pet Themed so I am entering it in the current challenge over at the "Use Your Stuff" Blog since their challenge this week is Animals!
As an animal lover and fur-mama, the challenge was right up my alley!



"Trying"
Journaling: "Trying to organize my scrap book albums...trying ::eye roll:: "

Our cat Panini decided to plant herself on one of my albums while I was organizing...
cuz Cats Are Jerks, LOL

- The Title Alphas are actually Gold -

I really, really, REALLY, love this layout!
I think a lot of it has to do w/ brown being my favorite color...
Of course the cute subject doesn't hurt! :0)

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you're having a great weekend so far!

7 comments:

  1. Your layouts are the best! I wish I was as good at traditional pages. And I haven’t participated in the CKC in a long time. I should do that again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY, that's so nice of you to say! If you get a chance you definitely should play, strangely... the limited supplies are very motivating!

      Delete
  2. Great pages! I'm glad you figured out a way to have your light PSL. I've never had one (not a coffee drinker, and only meh about pumpkin spice anything), but I'm curious where the "spice" part comes in your recipe. It sounds like it would be really plain. Or does the pumpkin pump thing already have spices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess maybe I should just call it a Pumpkin Drink, unless it is in the Pumpkin Sauce, IDK... it still tasted like a pumpkin spice latte, and since I'm used to "light" drinks, I guess that's why I don't notice a difference. ::shrugs::

      Delete
  3. Love that you scrapped a photo of kitty with your scrapbooks! I don't have a cat but I know they are always everywhere! Great collection of embellies under the photo! thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they got rid of their light menu -- with so many companies leaning more in that direction, that's crazy they would get rid of it!! Glad you found a way to make it work for you! I loveeeeeee these!! LOVING the colors and loving that journaling on the second one ... lol! That is funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely had me at pumpkin spice :D Love the layouts...the browns are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...