Sunday, May 16, 2021

05/16/21 - "Look At That Face!"

I have a love/hate relationship w/ 12x12 layouts... which is funny because that's all I ever created back in the day.

I love the room that it allows to add photos and embellishments and just really play on a page!
But I hate how much room a 12x12 layout takes up and it especially feels like a "waste of space" when you use just one photo. 
*Not to be confused w/ Scrapbooking is a waste, cuz it most definitely is not!

That's why when I create 12x12 layouts I try to use multiple photos or one large photo.
In this case I did neither, but since it's a rarity these days, I'll allow it ::wink::

12x12 Traditional Paper layout


This was day 3 of Hamlet being in our lives, he was approximately 2.5 months old and very tiny!
He was also very afraid of us and preferred to hang out on the side of the house where we had yet to plant grass.
Things have definitely changed since!


Part of my motivation for scrapping that one 4x6 photo of Hamlet came from the BG paper.
I bought it a few years ago, because it's difficult finding pig themed scrap products, but couldn't figure out how to use it, but when I saw it recently in my stash I was determined to finally figure it out!

The other part of my motivation was this sketch from the Sketch N' Scrap blog:


I did make a few changes to make it fit my layout but the basic structure of the sketch is all there!

Those Pinkfresh Studio alphas have been in my stash and I've been hoarding them because I love them so much but they don't make them anymore...wahhhhhh!
Also that Pink Paislee frame is a gazillion years old!

Finally I wanted to make mention that I just recently learned how to make paper pinwheel embellishments.
And yes, I know I'm late to the party!

Other products: Die Cuts with a View, Elle's Studio, Freckled Fawn, Kelly Purkey,  and Scrapbook Customs; the 2 Pig patterned papers.

6 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Another perk to 12x12 is that you can show off part of the patterned paper and still have plenty of room for a photo, journaling, and embellishments.

    How much did Hamlet weigh when you first got him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea! But he was able to fit in a cat carrier and easily turn around in it...something he definitely could NOT do now, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love your farm background and layers behind your photo. Perfect title! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love how you used the frame and that background paper is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout! I love all the elements and the photo too. Thanks for joining the challenge at SKetch N Scrap. Dorlene DT SNS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...