Saturday, April 10, 2021

04/10/21 - "Show-Time: Zarkana"

Hi all,

I had so much fun playing w/ the last challenge over at Scrap YOURself  blog challenge last month that I decided to play again this month!

And it has absolutely nothing to do w/ the fact that I won the Random Drawing prize though, of course, it made me very happy! ::wink::

This month's challenge is: 

Alphabet Soup!

This is the description of the challenge per the Scrap YOURself blog:

This month, we would like you to pick one letter and use it in various ways on your layout. For example, if you chose the letter P, you can use PAINT, PEARLS, PATTERNED PAPER, etc, and a use word that begins with P in your title.
**Please remember to include a photo with YOU on your layout.**


Here is my 6x8 Traditional Paper layout:



I chose "S":
STARS, STAMPS, SELF adhesive enamel dots, and STICKERS: alpha, label and chipboard
Also my title is "SHOW-Time"

My husband and I have seen a lot of shows in Vegas and a lot of Cirque Du Soliel shows.
Zarkana was the last show we saw before boycotting Vegas
We boycotted Vegas due to them starting to charge for parking at hotels, on top of already charging for the room + resort fees (which are ridiculously expensive!). We feel like parking should be part of the resort fees.

I'm sure they're not missing our money, but we gotta stand-up for our beliefs.

Luckily we had been going to Vegas 2-3 time a year since we met, 21 years ago, so really we've done everything we need or want to do there anyway!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen! Living in Pennsylvania, I have only been to Vegas once and loved it, but can totally understand why you are boycotting it! . . . And wow! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous photos and beautiful scrapbook page!! Thank you so very much for joining us again at Challenge YOUrself! We are all so happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great page! I knew it was S as soon as I saw it.

    I've been to Vegas twice and am not particularly itching to return, but knowing the hotels are now charging for parking makes me even less inclined to go. Paying for parking is one of my major pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the simplicity and the clean lines of your layout! You've done a wonderful job with our challenge this month!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, this is such a cool design! I love how you created the photo grid and divided the page. Thanks for playing at Challenge YOurself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a showtime fan too!! I love shows! Great way to incorporate your "S" items. Love your design and photo collage. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool page! LOVE the diagonal contrast.
    P/s: I've been to Vegas twice (sales conferences) and find it extremely touristy and expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doreen, this is such a cool layout! Love the colors and all the embellishments you used on this page. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doreena, love your layout design and bright photos! Stars cluster is awesome! Thanks for joining us again this month at Challenge YOUrself, glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man, don't get me started with paying for parking while staying at hotels--I hate that. We normally fly into Vegas, so we don't have to pay for parking but San Francisco and San Diego are the worse when we drive--and when they charge for internet--forget it!!!

    BTW--cute layouts haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...