Monday, March 29, 2021

03/29/21 - "Sunflowers"

This week's challenge at the "Use Your Stuff" blog is a Mood Board:

I was inspired by the colors and the bee photo

The story behind this 12x12 Traditional Paper layout is, last year the wild birds we were feeding w/ our bird feeder dropped sunflower seeds on the ground. Those sunflower seeds became sunflowers.
It was really quite pretty!
I did scrap them last year as well, and you'll see that layout further down in this post.

This layout captures the fact that the sunflowers came back again this year, and this made me/us very happy!


The sunflower sticker and the bee stickers came from the Vicki Boutin "Wildflower and Honey" collection.
It was perfect for my layout!
Besides the obvious stamping of the leaves, I also stamped "Springtime" on the Pocket Page Card.
I love the font of the "Springtime" stamp (from Kelly Purkey)!


I may have went a little overboard with this layout but I have zero regrets!


Other Products:
Bo Bunny, Elle's Studio, Freckled Fawn, and Simple Stories


As mentioned, here is the layout I created last year.
This one shows the progression of the sunflowers:



2 comments:

  1. You didn't go overboard with the layout - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts. I am not a fan of bird themed stuff, but I loved the background paper because it just added color to the layout and I could look past the birds ahahahaha :D You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...