Tuesday, February 18, 2020

12/18/20 - "Use Your Stuff Challenge" #392

Hi, it's me again! 
This is starting to become a habit!

Today I'm sharing a 12x12 Traditional Paper Layout

The BG paper choice was partly inspired by the current challenge over at the "Use Your Stuff" blog: circles!
This challenge was right up my alley; you all know how much I love my circles!
If not let me 'splain:

Circles are my favorite shape in general and favorite shape for scrapbooking.
I always like to either add a circle (or polka dot) PP, circle photo mat(s), or circle embellishment(s).
In fact it's my go-to so often I actually have to fight myself NOT to use them!


"Halloween Night  - Be A Clown"

On my layout I used a colorful circle PP for the BG and a medium-sized circle photo mat to help highlight my bottom photo. I also used a small circle punch to punch out a clown face from a clown PP.


Journaling:
"Funny story:
I caused a lot of confusion when I posted the top 2 photos on my IG Stories. People were commenting that I fooled them; that they thought the 2 clowns were dummies until the 2nd one sat up! I had to tell them that they ARE Dummies! In fact ALL of them are dummies, except my daughter. These are all the dummies and animatronics that we set up at our house for the trick-or-treaters."

In the interest of full disclosure, I wanted to share that this was one of those layouts that took for-ever to create! It gave me so much trouble I almost trashed it! But it wound out working out in the end.

Moral of the story:
Dont give up! ::fist in the air::


- BG paper is Vicki Boutin for American Crafts: from the Wildflower and Honey Collection
- Circus items are Pebbles and Carta Bella 
- Halloween Stickers are Photo Play Paper 
Also used an Elle's Studio puffy phrase sticker and a couple of Elle's Studio diecuts



3 comments:

  1. You know I would have been screaming like a little girl if I was in your house during that!!!! LOL!!!! And then nightmares for months afterwards! HA!!! I loveeeeeee this!!! FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fight the circle! I love that your layouts (almost) always have them!

    I'm not afraid of clowns, per se, but those are ridiculously creepy photos. I'd probably skip your house on Halloween, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the circle background paper....the clowns, not so much! *shutters* haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...