Monday, February 10, 2020

02/10/20 - Happy 18 and Goodbye Twinkies

Today I am sharing 2 different types of layouts, but both including FOOD!
Besides my fur-babies, food is my favorite thing to scrap!

I'd say my kids, but you know...they're older and there's less photo-taking going on w/ them.
Though I do have many years of childhood photos to scrap, (hmmmm…mental note, dig out those old baby photos!)

Okay, back to this post, which just so happens to have photos of food and a couple of my daughter.
Whaaat?! Well, it was her birthday which is the only time I can get a photo of her.
And, even then, she hates it... ::sigh::


"18th Birthday"
12x12 Traditional

Journaling:
"Today I'm officially the mother of 2 adults...Madison turned 18! Here she is blowing out the candles on her personal birthday cake; the cake she shared only w/ Hamlet. This cake and the other bigger cake are both Cookies and Cream cheesecakes baked by her Dad.
01.24.20"

My daughter is not girly at all so though I added some girly colors to this, I made sure there was also an abundance of black, LOL!  

I used a couple of Pocket Page Cards to help use up my large stash!
I canceled my Pocket Page Card subscription at the end of last year w/ the intention of using my already existing stash of cards this year.
If I do well, I may renew my subscription but I'll really have to make a dent in it to allow myself to do so ::crosses fingers::

The star PP is actually Christmas paper from the Echo Park Holly Jolly collection. The other side of it has ornaments, but I wasn't crazy about it so I decided to use the star side on this layout and I think it works really well here!

BTW - this is my second completed layout for Project Life 2020.
Yes, I'm already behind, LOL
But I'm okay w/ that!


"Goodbye Twinkies"
2 Page Traveler's Notebook Spread

Don't panic! Twinkies are not leaving us again...this is a flashback to way back in the day!
I am a huge fan of Twinkies, well Hostess in general but especially Twinkies, so I felt the need to capture this sad piece of Food History.
Luckily it was temporary!

This layout includes a new stamp from Citrus Twist "food story".
I bought another food themed stamp set, cuz really...you can never have too many!
I bought it at the end of last year, but everything else is stash items.
The "today" is cut out of a Pocket Page card.

Unfortunately this layout got a bit beat up during the creation process but sometimes that's just the way it goes ::shrugs::


Products:
>Amy Tangerine for American Crafts
>Citrus Twist
>Echo Park
>EK Success Curvy Cutter
>Elle's Studio
>Fiskars
>Kelly Purkey
>Photo Play Paper
>Pink Fresh Studio
>Scotch ATG (adhesive)
>Sharpie
>Staz On ink
>Studio Calico
>We R Memory Keepers


4 comments:

  1. Great pages! Twinkies don't do much for me, but cookies & cream cheesecake?! Yes, please! Love the use of pocket page cards. And cool that EP's holiday line has a B-side that works well for everyday scrapping. I love when manufacturers make their papers flexible like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...That cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love these pages!! And I remember the uproar when Twinkies said BYE-BYE!! LOL!! It was crazy!!!! I see they now have a TWINKIES CEREAL ... ummmm that's just a little too weird for me!!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...your daughter is 18? Seriously she was a little girl when we "met"...How the time flies. Although maybe I just remember you scrapbooking layouts of her when she was much younger haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...