Sunday, January 5, 2020

01/05/20 - "The Future is Kind"


12x12 Traditional Layout for my 2019 Album
I realize I forgot to date it: 09/20/19

I finished this layout last night and I absolutely love it!
I love the colors, the overall design and the spirit of it, though not the story behind it.


"The Future Is Kind"
Journaling: "This shirt I bought in memory of Hannah (Bananah) whose life was cut short due to breeding and neglect...
She lived out the rest of her days safe and loved by the good people of Central Texas Pig Rescue.
RIP beautiful"

As a follower, fan, virtual volunteer, and monthly donator to Central Texas Pig Rescue I have had the privilege of getting to know a lot of their pigs. One who touched the lives of the CTPR Team, and me (through Instagram), was Hannah (nicknamed Hannah Bananah) who was rescued after suffering at the hands of a bad breeder.

Here is her story in the words of CTPR: "The 2nd Annual Pig Liberation Party is officially dedicated to the late Hannah. We started Pig Liberation last year after the Caldwell rescue of 133 pigs who were being bred as pets or food, and were found in disgusting, neglected, disease-ridden conditions. Hannah was our warrior - neurologically damaged from bad breeding and trauma, who regained her ability to walk and run, until a stroke put her in a wheelchair, and renal failure claimed her life. She represents the strength and resilience of pigs everywhere - pigs who learned to trust again despite abuse, pigs who are discarded and devalued for being too small or sick, pigs who deserve to be liberated and loved because of the willful, complex soul behind their eyes."

The shirt was a fundraising campaign, a cartoon version of Hannah sharing her wish for a kinder future.

To read more about CTPR and/or donate visit: https://www.centraltexaspigs.org


I created this for the Scrap Lift the Person before you challenge; this was the original (NOT CREATED BY ME):


Products (for my layout):
Bazzill Basics 
Webster's Pages 
Photo Play Paper
Elle's Studio 
Tim Holtz
Sharpie 
Scotch (Pink ATG)


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this layout! I'm glad Hannah's life ended with people who cared about her and gave her the dignity and love she deserved. Thank you for introducing me to another pig. They really do seem like wonderful animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!! I love that you made this page in her honor! I am glad they were able to give her a happy life towards the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always rock the way you use background paper! Love the layout and the message.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...