Monday, June 10, 2019

06/10/19 - "Use Your Stuff Challenge" #362

It's Monday again!
And a new challenge is up at "Use Your Stuff".
The challenge is "vintage".

I don't know about you but, I always thought "vintage" meant something old(er).
Come to find out "vintage" is all to do w/ wine!
The term vintage that everyone knows is not even a real thing... or at least it wasn't, until it just started being used that way.


Every definition of "vintage" that Alexa (my Amazon Smart Home Device) shared w/ me
had to do w/ wine; and she gave me 11 definitions!
So I was inspired to create a layout of the first time my husband and I went Wine Tasting:

"Wine Tasting Newbies"

This was in February 2015.
This is another instance where I took way too many photos, felt overwhelmed and decided to do nothing w/ them.
The story of this day is much more...
We went wine tasting w/ friends for one of their birthdays (I can't even remember whose!).
We took a party bus and visited 3 different wineries that day.
We had a lot of fun and I still love wine tasting to this day.
But trying to document it all was not working so I took the "smaller story" of it being mine and my husband's first time and scrapped that.
Again, like w/ my son's graduation, I may go back and scrap other photos, but it's not a priority.

For this challenge I pulled out some very old stash:
- The patterned paper
- The "I'm w/ Awesome" sticker, which is from the same "Dapper Dan" kit as the PP
- The ink spray
- The stencil
(BG paper is from Martha Stewart, 'wine glass' stamp is from Citrus Twist, and all other product is from Elle's Studio)

I was actually inspired by the challenge #1 over at the "Double Trouble" blog to use that stencil and ink, so I will be submitting this to their challenge!
You may want to check out theirs after checking out ours.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this layout! It's funny - I've gotten into the habit of finding the outlining in your LOs and this doesn't have any. I checked like five times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY! And there is outlining: the heart on the tag and the circle with the wine glass...the outlining is in green though maybe that's what threw you off! Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. The pictures show you having a good time! I always take too many photos that always go unused :D Great Layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and that background!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your information on vintage. Great scrapbook page and love the stenciled kraft background...perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble, and please come back and share some critters with us and 2 Crafting Critter Crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha!! We took over 1,000 photos when we went to California (it WAS a 9 day trip, but...). lol And that's when we had our first wine tasting, too! So fun!! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous scrapping! Your layout for the photos are great and including a photo with the winery name and date is a perfect way to preserve the memory. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #30.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...