Monday, June 3, 2019

06/03/19 - "Use Your Stuff Challenge" #361

This week's challenge over at the "Use Your Stuff" blog = Summer!


Summer...
So many things come to mind when I hear that word.
Mostly though, the end of school.
And my project for this challenge is the "ultimate" end of school: High School Graduation!
Here are photos from my son's High School Graduation back in June 2014:

"Grad - Class of 2014"

I took a lot of photos of the ceremony but all of them came out blurry!
This was back in the days when I still used a real camera.
I remember being so frustrated that day, while also still trying to enjoy the moment, because no matter what settings I used on my camera I could not get a clear photo!

For that reason I took a lot of photos.
And the fact that I took a lot of photos* and the fact that they were pretty much all blurry is why I never scrapped this event (*in general too many photos of one event overwhelms me)!
Well, it's 5 years later and I decided that even though it's blurry I was going to at least scrap the most important photo of the day: Joseph receiving his diploma.
And then I added the photos that Madison, David, and I took w/ him after the ceremony.
There were other people there that day also but I wanted this layout to be mainly about us: our core family.
Maybe someday I'll go back and scrap a few of the other photos, but I'm not going to make it a priority.

I didn't have any graduation themed embellishments.
I didn't even really have any school themed embellishments!
And since I'm trying to use my stash instead of buying more stuff, I decided to just work w/ what I had.
The only "graduation" themed item I have on this layout is the "Graduation Hat" geo tag stamp from the Kelly Purkey "Home Town" stamp set:


And I found a really old school sticker from back when I first started scrapbooking: peep that "reading, writing, arithmetic" book stack sticker.

So yeah, not a whole lot of school themed items here, but that's okay.
I'm fairly certain that the title, celebratory embellishments, plus of course the photos, make it pretty clear what the theme of the layout is!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for getting it on paper! :) Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! It's fun to see his graduation photos, but I'm eagerly awaiting wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! LOVING the colors!! And I had that problem with Adam's graduation too -- We ended up siting WAY high up, cause that was where the handicapped seats were for my mom -- so most of my photos ended up blurry too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you finally scrapbooked the event. It turned pretty good!

    P/s: I like to convert my blurry photos to b/w then up the contrast. It makes any blurry photo look intentionally graphic. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...