Thursday, March 7, 2019

03/07/19 - "Beyond Delish"

Last year I went a little scrap-crazy.
This year I'm taking it easy.
 
Not to say I didn't enjoy all the scrapping I did last year, because I did!
But you know, sometimes the desire to "keep-up" can start to make it a little less enjoyable.
 
I'm still doing Project Life, though I'm considerably slower...
I'm not trying to stay caught-up but instead, creating as I feel the desire to.
 
I'm trying to allow myself to "breathe" (#OLW).
 
I have my 2019 Project Life Album out and open to the page that needs working on and as I find time (or the desire), I work on it.
I also bounce around a little getting bits-and-pieces of it done.
 
For example I'm still finishing Week #06, but have already done a part of Week #07 (which I already shared here: My Cuddle Bug).
 
Today I bring you a layout I created that is also part of Week 07:
 
 
"Beyond Delish"
(The bottom outlining got a little bit cut-off)
 
Journaling:

.
.
.
 
A couple of things to point out -
1) this layout was inspired by the Scrap Lift challenge over at Scrapbook.com
I lifted this layout:
 
 
I even included a bear, LOL


2) this is my first time (ever) trying typed journaling strips
I love the look of it on other peoples layouts but have never really tried it, thinking I wouldn't be able to do it.
I did it and though I'm not 100% happy w/ them, I can see them being a "thing" for me, w/ more practice
Yay, for new (to me) techniques!

I hope your enjoying your scrappy-journey so far this year, whatever that entails!
 

5 comments:

  1. love the layout...I had to scroll back up to see the bear :D I love how you interpret scraplifting...I can totally see the "original" layout without it being a copy of it! You are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and I would have loved to try it too!!!!!! Loving that you added the bear!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this layout! The black matting really makes the photos pop. I love that you included the bear in the scraplift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Doreen! Pun intended for you foodies! Love all the different elements that you've brought together for your dinner out layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...