Monday, March 4, 2019

03/04/19 - "Use Your Stuff" Challenge # 349

The "Use Your Stuff" challenge this week is all about rainbows!

I created a Traveler's Notebook spread with photos my son posted on his Instagram for "National Coming Out Day".
Can't get more Rainbow than that, LOL!

Also, even though I didn't know it at the time, this spread will work for the latest Lisa and Lori's Traveler's Notebook Challenge which is to create a layout about someone you love and include a heart.

It's a new challenge blog so if you get the chance, go check it out!

Two 2x3 photos, a rain drop patterned paper, a pocket page card, and a few scattered embellishments was all I needed to create this two-pager.
The BG paper is Amy Tangerine (it's been in my stash approximately 3 years), the "authentic you" sticker is Pink Fresh Studio, and the staples are from Tim Holtz' Tiny Attacher; one of my new favorite scrappy tools.
Everything else is from Elle's Studio.

It's been a while since I've created a Traveler's Notebook layout, and I had forgotten just how much I enjoy it! Though I am clearly out of practice, as I discovered when I cut the paper for the 2nd page a little bit too narrow.
It could also be the timing of the creation of my layout.
Though I had the idea in my head for a few days, I didn't create it until the last minute.
We went away for the weekend and I came home and created this when we got back, when I was tired and just wanting to rest from my weekend adventures...
So I didn't spend a lot of time on it, nor is it very creative, but the colorful style of it gives it a fun feel and despite the seriousness of the topic, fun is what I was going for.
I think when you're going for fun, and colorful, rainbows are definitely the way to go!

I hope you'll join us!



7 comments:

  1. Such a fun page! Everything about it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout, Doreen! Perfect papers and embellishments. I am so glad you played along with our TN Time With Lisa and Lori challenge - even if you didn't realize it at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love everything about this!!!!! Happiness all around!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the rainbow colours! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doreen: glad you got to participate in Lori's challenge portion of the TN Time with Lisa and Lori blog!!! Lots of love shown and symbolized in your LO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...