Monday, February 25, 2019

02/25/19 - "Use Your Stuff" Challenge #348


This week at "Use Your Stuff" we are challenging you to use "magic" to inspire your creations.
Actually this is the 2nd week we are issuing this challenge as we are currently teaming up w/ the "Double Trouble" blog who has issued their own challenge.
See their post here: Double Trouble Blog

One of their challenges was to use a tic-tac-toe board to incorporate other items/techniques into your project.

Here is the board:
THING 1: Trouble Maker - says "Let's play TicTacToe - first pick a row, column or diagonal and let us know in your post which you have chosen." If you want to add additional elements the choice is yours.




Using both challenges as inspiration this is what I came up w/:

"The Stuff of Magic"

The "magic" theme is obvious.
From the Double Trouble Challenge, my tic-tac-toe items are:
Gold/Silver - Sentiment - Punch/Die Cut

Journaling:
"The first time the entire family entered the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. 3.21.16"

My family and I, especially the kids and me, love Harry Potter!
In fact the only reason we purchased Season Passes to Universal Studios Hollywood was because we found out they were opening up "Harry Potter Land" (as I call it...it's easier to say).
This was back in 2016 and once the passes expired we didn't renew because we had already seen and enjoyed what we went for.

I wanted to share that I chose the specific words "the entire family", instead of "we", when journaling because the month prior, Joseph and I were privy to an early entrance opportunity that David and Madison missed.
(I still need to tell that story.)
But this was the first time ALL of us were able to go in.

I had a lot of fun using my Harry Potter Themed scrappy supplies, from companies: Reminisce, Scrapbook Customs, Moxxie, and Paper House Productions... some items I have had since 2016!
Fun Fact: The Harry Potter theme strips are actually 1 border sticker I ripped into 3 pieces for visual interest.

I also sprinkled in a few non-HP items from Pinkfresh Studios and Kelly Purkey (the stamp).

I love this layout and that I finally had the inspiration to scrap these photos!
Come check out the "Use Your Stuff" blog for more inspiration.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE how you combined the challenges. Looks fab! I love Harry Potter too! My local Universal Studios does not have a Harry Potter Land. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love this!! We still haven't made it back there to see Harry's land!! I am HOPING soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool page! Great job with combining the challenges. I love HP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...I totally thought the glasses were washi tape!!! I really need to go there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY! My Fun Fact was actually a "fun fact", love when that happens, LOL

      Delete
  5. This is a great layout - totally captures the magical theme. Love those glasses! Thanks for sharing with the Double Trouble challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I got distracted and checked out to see where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was and not too far from us. My grandson read all the books and went to the movies and I think they are nearby. Your layout is excellent and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and hope you follow us beyond our partnership with Use Your Stuff for future fun challenges and partners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I just made reservations for them for tomorrow. Any recommendations on what else they should see. email me at momrey200431@msn.com

      Delete
  7. What a great way to capture the magic of this special trip! Thank you for sharing your art with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...