Tuesday, January 1, 2019

01/01/19 - A New Year


- Too funny and (usually) true! -
 

Happy 2019!
We made it!
And now it's time to think about our goals, right?
Well, some of us have already started thinking about them...
(I have already shared a few a couple months back: Goals for 2019).
Maybe some of us have even already started implementing them?
Because really, who says you have to wait until a New Year (or the first day of the month, or a Monday) to make changes?

For example:
I have already made one change, a small change, a change to my blog...specifically my blog description.
Instead of "Scrapbooking, Books, and Randomness" it's simply "(Mostly) Scrapbooking..."
Cuz let's face it, that's what this blog is "mostly" about.
Having the "mostly" allows me some wiggle room! ::wink::
I made that change a couple of weeks ago.
If you didn't notice, it's okay... it was just a minor change but it allowed me (and my OCD) some breathing room.

In case your wondering though...
I do plan on reading this year but I read 23 books last year and kind of got burned out on reading.
Yup, 23 books of my 25 book goal.
Didn't quite make it but I still feel very accomplished!
This year my plan is to read, but just read as I feel like it, not to read to reach any kind of number.
Not to say that I didn't enjoy reading last year, because I did!
But there were times in the back of my mind where I was thinking I needed to hurry up and finish a book or "I'll never reach my goal". Usually those times were when I was reading a boring book though, LOL

Speaking of numbers...
I will not be setting a goal of a certain amount of layouts to be completed this year.
Last year I did, and I was able to reach my goal but then I stopped counting after, because it was starting to stress me out... keeping up w/ the counting (perhaps that sounds crazy, but if you knew how my mind worked you'd understand)!
I did create a separate folder in my SB.com Gallery for just 2019 Projects so I can see, at the end of the year, how many I created. But again, no goal.

As I stated, I mentioned a few of my (mini) goals in a past blog post but for this post I want to mention (again) one goal:
Project Life 2019!
Yes, I'm definitely doing Project Life again! I really, really enjoyed it when I did it last year, even at the worst of times, so I'm doing it again this year.
And I'm hoping that all I learned form completing the project last year...including all my mistakes...will make this year even easier and/or better.
BTW - Cheers to me for finally finishing a project!
Looks like I may need to remove my Self-Professed Title of "Queen of Unfinished Projects"...
Anybody want my crown?
LOL

Lastly I want to participate in more Blog challenges.
I used to participate a lot but got away from it.
This year I made an effort, though not a huge effort, to do so again...and I really enjoyed it!
So in 2019 I plan to do more.

I guess that's it for me today.
Good luck to you this year, my friends!
Looking forward to another creative year w/ you all!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent plans! I have no doubt you'll accomplish everything you plan to do. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these plans!! Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! unless it is for health reasons, most goals should just be guidelines hahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome goals, Doreen! I look forward to seeing your creations in 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...