Saturday, December 15, 2018

12/15/18 - "Proof"

 
Today's layout inspired by the December 2018 Let's Get Sketchy sketch:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Proof"
Journaling:
"Madison is not a girly-girl; she hates pink! She also hates pants; she wears shorts 365 days a year. But here's proof she used to wear BOTH!"

As you can see I changed the sketch just slightly. Besides using a vertical photo, instead of a horizontal photo, I also changed the direction of the bottom triangle.
I've mentioned before (a couple of times) I'm not very good w/ using triangles as a design element so I felt the need to switch the bottom triangle around to make it more appealing to me.
So, you're probably wondering why I chose to participate in a Sketch Challenge w/ triangles as it's main element?
Your guess is as good as mine!
But I'm glad I did because I love the layout and I scrapped a photo that has been sitting on my desk for nearly 4 years!

The BG is from Bazzill Basics, the date spot is a digital from Elle's Studio, the journaling spots are Avery self -stick file labels and the Emoji pieces are from Simple Stories.
EVERYTHING else is from Nikki Sivils.
Who else remembers Nikki Sivils?
I still have quite a bit of her products in my stash!
Which just goes to show you, though I'm constantly buying new stuff...
I do make it a point to go through and use my stash also.


15 comments:

  1. Doreen!->this is faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic! LOVE the story and your paper choices are perfect and I (always) LOVE LOVE LOVE your handwritten journaling!.. Thanks for joining the December challenge @ LGS, particularly since it's my last one, so its great to see you here-I know you are really busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and take on our december challenge, love the black background in combination with the designpaper!! Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because it's a challenge - that's why! Very cute layout. And I remember Nikki Sivils. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and I love the patterned papers. I love the story behind the photo too. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, love the papers. I remember Nikki S. I used to love her collections! Thanks so much for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doreen - I love this layout! You did a great job with that sketch - even if you don't care for working with triangles. I came across a photo of my daughter this past week - with a similar story - she was in camo pants and black lace-up boots when she was about 12. When I showed her the photo she just said - that needs to go away! I remember Nikki Sivils, too, and I think it's great that we keep putting forth the effort to use up our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I remember Nikki, since I worked for her from day one! LOL!! She even named one of her papers after me!!! :) I love love love this!!! So fun that you scrapped this memory!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!! you did great with the challenge--that's the point to challenge you and you did awesome with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok I must be too new still to the scrapping world I don't remember Nikki! But love the layout and I love to challenge myself! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doreena! I'm so glad you're joining us this month! Love that backstory of those pink pants and the fun layout you came up with. Thanks for playing with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic layout with a great story! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely page! Love the story behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful memory and lovely layout. Glad you took the challenge of the triangle and made it your own. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous take on the sketch with such a great memory. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...