Wednesday, October 24, 2018

10/21/18 - CKC October/ Projects #3 and #4

Hi there!
2 more projects from my Counterfeit Challenge Blog October kit
(projects #3 and #4)
 
 
My first page is a 12x12 Traditional Layout
 
  
"Void"
Journaling: "Void: a Star Wars themed Virtual Reality experience. David really wanted to try it! I was afraid to try it because I'm not any good at video games but it was a lot of fun!"

This is part of my 4 page spread covering our visit to Vegas this past July; this is page 3 of 4.

My favorite things about this layout:
1) the color scheme...
2) the cluster of embellishments around the bottom photo
3) the inclusion of our bracelets... I'm trying to remember to save and include ephemera in my layouts more often

.
.
.
.

My second project is a 2-page Travelers Notebook layout for my Pet Themed album.


"Hello Happy"
Journaling: "Hamlet enjoying a yummy apple. Nobody tell him what usually happens to pigs who get whole apples. 03.31.17"

I'm also entering this layout into the "Dotty About Dots" Challenge  over at The Studio Challenge blog seeing as both my PPs have dots on them!

All of the paper pieces on the TN Spread are scraps, including the "Hello Happy" which is from a cut-apart paper that I had already cut into.
That sticker border under the photo is a scrap also.
In my "Void" layout you will see a green butterfly and a circle word sticker: "cherish" (and the other half of the border sticker).
Those came from the same sticker sheet that I got the border sticker from...and it is an old sticker sheet that I bought in May 2016.
So glad I included it in my kit this month!

For having such a shaky start to this month, I feel like I'm accomplishing a lot w/ my kit!

9 comments:

  1. Great pages! I love that you included the bracelets on the Void page. They make great embellishments. Very glad that Hamlet can enjoy an apple without fear of you-know-what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your notebook layout! Great colour selection and Hamlet is divine!!!
    Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love these!!! LOVING that Hamlet one and loving how you included the wrist bands!! Where is that in Vegas?? We went to the Marvel one, but I didn't know there was a Star Wars one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Star Wars VR is at the Grand Canal Shoppes. I forgot you go to Vegas just as much (or maybe more) than I do! ::wink::

      Delete
  4. I love how you used stars, but not Star Wars themed paper...loved the pink!!!

    And those dots--too cute!

    Always love your layouts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I have never had a need for SW themed paper so never bought it... and I regretted it for a bit when I was creating this layout, but... I actually think it turned out better than it would have w/ SW themed paper. I like the contrast the "girly" pink paper adds to the "manly" subject!

      Delete
  5. Nicely done with your kit....always nice to use up stash!
    I really love the layout...a beautifully composed page....everything just looks good together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doreen: Both LOs are star-stunning! Yes, I was trying for a clever response! :) Star-mazing would be another morphed adjective!!!! With the 2 page traveler notebook entry, I like how you balanced the busy and heavy right side with the lighter visual weight left side. Perfect! And perfect name for a pig--HAMlet!!! The Vegas experience layout is great, too. I like the section with the gray dot paper being not the only section of the design. You've got the smaller corner section and it's embellishments edging to help offset for a minor focal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for creating new words to compliment my layout, LOL

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...