Wednesday, October 10, 2018

10/10/18 - CKC October Kit Reveal

October has been a rough month for me so far!
Nothing specifically bad, I just can't seem to focus...
I'm thinking it was that darn vacation...LOL

Hopefully, it's just temporary as my brain tends to do that every once in a while, a huge side effect from be a sufferer of both depression and anxiety #TruthBomb

Anyway, because of my lack of focus I am a bit behind in getting my Counterfeit Challenge Blog Kit put together for the month.
I like to have it done by the first weekend of the month so I can get scrappin'



Here is the inspiration:







And this is what I came up with (you may recognize some of this stuff from last month):













What I pulled from the inspiration:

- Papers (14 total)
  • Flowers
I have 2 flower paper: white BG with large colorful flowers and dark blue BG with small red, light blue, white, and yellow flowers (top row, far right)
  • Pink
I have 2 of those: one with stars and one, a darker shade of pink, with polka dots
  • Green
Mine has brown hearts on it
  • Words
I have 2 of those: one Fall Themed and one Colorful/Everyday themed (the emoji paper)
  • Stripes
The Green/Yellow/White Paper - could also fall into the Green Category
  • Cut Aparts  
I have 2 sets: a Fall Themed set and Colorful/ Everyday set
  • Colorful Multiple Patterned BGs
Everything else, LOL

BTW - I was going to include a wood grain but forgot ::DOH::!


- Embellishments:
  • Black and White (square/rectangle) medium and small Letter Stickers
  • Word Phrases - though mine are black
  • Frames
  • PL Cards - to mimic the words w/in the frames embellishments
  • Lots of brown
  • Buttons - to mimic the sequins because I cannot work w/ sequins, LOL

What I added to play w/:
  • A few sheets of misc, partly used, embellishments and alphas - gotta use that stash!
  • Scraps - always try to include some of these
  • Gold Thickers - cuz currently obsessed
  • Washi - because I have so much I need to use
  • Cat, Dog, Pig papers and embellishments - cuz, you know, fur-babies/hair-kid ::wink::
-1 is a cut-apart, most are colorful
  • 1 Brand New un-opened package of MAMBI stickers -I want to see how much of it I can use
  • Date Stamp and Ink
  • Black Mist - I always try to use it but never do...maybe this month will be the month ::crosses fingers::

Added Essentials (though I didn't photograph them):
  • Black, White and Kraft card stock
  • Black Sharpie
  • White Gel Pen
  • Circle Punch and Template
  • File Labels - for journaling
  • Adhesive
  • The Project Life App

My goal was to mimic the colorfulness of the inspiration kit but also bring in a few darker colors and embellishments because if the fact that it's currently Fall (hence Fall-ish papers and embellishments). I will probably use up a lot of those colorful items but I wanted to have a bit of wiggle room...

BTW - sorry about the bad photos.
The lighting was bad but I knew if I didn't take the photos while I had everything out, I would procrastinate in taking the photos...
I think the only things I do not like about playing along w/ this challenge is trying to get good photos of my kit and having to put away whatever I don't use after the fact, LOL

13 comments:

  1. A very comprehensive kit Doreena. You certainly have the inspiration kit covered here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun kit to work with! I always love to see your piggy papers/embellishments! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you put together!!! And I get the out of sorts stuff - I suffer from those things too - big hugs (from a distance of course, I don't want to invade the bubble! lol!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Right...you get it! And thank you so much for the virtual hug!

      Delete
  4. Nice take on the inspiration kit. the coffee paper is so cute and your animal paper always makes me smile.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun kit! Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB kit, Doreen!!! Looks super creative and vibrant! Can't wait to see what you create with all this awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it! I admire that you captured the feel of the inspiration so well - I get a little too literal with mine sometimes :) I hope you get some creative play in to help you get that focus back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle w/ the literal aspect as well... I sometimes just have to take a step back and reassess...I definitely had to do that this month! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  8. as always, I love the kits you come up with...I wish I could do that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...