Monday, October 8, 2018

10/08/18 - "Use Your Stuff" Challenge #333


My first DT Project for the "Use Your Stuff" blog!

The theme this week is: "Autumn/Halloween"...
   pretty easy huh?!

The challenge is live now...
     so stop on by and play along!

Here's what I was inspired to create, going more in the "Halloween" direction:


"Halloween Horror Nights"
A Pocket Page of my husband and daughter at Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights, last month.

Journaling:
"David and Madison went to Universal Horror Nights. I stayed home because I don't like being scared! They had a blast! Their favorite part was the 'Poltergeist' Maze.
...
"It was Madison's 1st time so we splurged for front of the line passes"
-Sept 21, 2018

I had a lot of fun mixing up different types of embellishments, including actual ephemera from that night: the yellow wrist band and the title, which was cut out of the brochure.
I was going for a collage effect w/ my Title pocket.
Besides the ephemera, I added this to the Title card:
  • a piece of washi
  • a button
  • a chipboard sticker
  • a (date) stamp
  • alphas
  • a "day-of-the-week" post-it / came from a pack I bought at the $1 spot at Target
  • a see-thru/orange self-adhesive enamel circle
  • and a furry 3-D self-adhesive spider embellishment.
I added 2 more of those enamel circles and spiders to the lower half of my layout to create a visual triangle.
Most of the items on this layout have been in my stash for many years...but the winner of the "Oldest Item Award" goes to that polka-dot PP;  it's older than my (16-year-old) daughter!!

I absolutely love this page!
And the seal of approval came from my husband in the form of this comment: "Very Festive!"
LOL
I don't have a lot of Halloween-type embellishments or papers so it was a huge compliment, even though he didn't know it! ::wink::

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page! I would have stayed home, too. ;) Glad they enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have stayed home too! LOL!! I loveeeeeeee this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout!! Some day I want to go there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...