Monday, May 18, 2020

05/18/20 - "Use Your Stuff Challenge" #398


The current challenge over at "Use Your Stuff" is Patterned Paper.
As you may know I have been really into Pocket Pages lately, and though I do create Traditional Pages as well, I create way more Pocket Pages!
In doing so I am using a good amount of my Pocket Page Cards stash, which was a huge goal of mine this year, but this means I've been neglecting my Patterned Paper stash... and I have plenty of that as well!
So I decided, for this challenge to create Pocket Cards out of my Patterned Paper. I also used Traditional Pocket Page cards, so this layout is the best of both worlds!

"Hello, Early Summer"
Journaling: "We had to get Fat Boy a bigger pool because he outgrew his old one"

You can see Hamlet's old pool behind the new one; quite a difference!
The new pool is wider but also taller so we had to cut the side to allow for easier entry.
Even w/ this, Hamlet's short little legs still struggle to climb in, LOL
In these photos he's bobbing for ice cubes...

Okay back to the design details...
Here's the papers I used:






They, and the matching stickers, have been in my stash for at least 2 years (I think more though).

Not only did I use the (blue side of) the bottom paper for a couple of the pockets, but I also cut half-circles out of it to use as embellishments to add a bit more balance to the layout... plus I was trying to use it up!

So there you have it, you don't have to use Patterned Papers for just Traditional layouts, just like you don't have to use Pocket Page Cards for just Pocket Pages.
I just love how versatile scrapbooking can be!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I never would have thought you'd need to cut down the pool edge. I hadn't realized how short his legs are. I guess pigs aren't really into jumping, now that I think about it, lol. Does he ever lay down in the pool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does! Usually we will catch him laying in it when he thinks we're not looking, LOL

      Delete
  2. Soooooooo fun! LOVING those photos and loving the colors you used!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue stripy heart paper is too cute. Love seeing Hamlet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...