Monday, September 2, 2019

09/02/19 "Use Your Stuff Challenge" #373

Hi!

This Week's Challenge at the "Use Your Stuff" blog is Back to School

No "Back To School" photos for me though!

Instead, I was inspired to create a 2-page Traveler's Notebook spread of this photo of my girls hanging out in the front yard on a bright, sunny August day. It was on the 24th, so almost the end of August, right before going back to school!
Left to Right: Ivanna, Madison, and Panini
08/24/2012


I love this photo, though it's bittersweet for me:
Ivanna has since passed, and Madison and Panini are older and too cool to hang out like this now (yes, even Panini, the cat, LOL)!
But I'm so glad I have this moment in time captured.

As for the design, I had a lot of fun adding various embellishments to help frame the cute photo of my girls just lounging on a Lazy Friday afternoon.
I love the look of the multiple embellishments, plus it's a great way to use them up!

Speaking of using up "stuff"... that BG paper was a leftover piece from my stash.
Travelers Notebook layouts are a great way to use up scraps!

I hope this layout has inspired you to join us.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT Projects:  UYS Back to School


Products:
- Amy Tangerine: Patterned Paper
- Elle's Studio: Acetate Heart, "Sunny Days" Puffy Sticker
- Freckled Fawn: Wooden Sun
- Jillibean Soup: Circle Flower Sticker, Happy Face Green Sticker
- Kellie Stamps: "#Snapshot", "Lazy Day..."
- Pinkfresh Studio: "Takin' It Easy" Puffy Sticker
- Studio Calico: "August" Stamp, Brown & White Alphas
- Tim Holtz: Black & White Alphas, Tiny Attacher staples
- Sharpies: Black and Blue
- Staz-on Ink: Jet Black"
- Scotch Pink ATG Gun
- Pink Heart (Unknown brand)


3 comments:

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...