Sunday, August 18, 2019

08/18/19 - Project Life Weeks 17 and 18

Okay,  so I noticed I'm a little behind on Project Life.
Not only as far as actually completing pages, but sharing also.

So today I am sharing 2 spreads - Week 17 and Week 18.
Reminder you can tap/click on each page to enlarge

Week 17 -

I created a small simple layout on the back of my Hamlet "Can't Breaf layout":



I found this photo on Instagram.
All I did was glue it to the Simple Stories 6x8 page, add the "Let's Stay Home" sticker and the "For the Record" stamp and doodled around the entire edge of the layout.

Next comes my "Sharp Objects Pocket Page" that I've shared prior, so I don't need to say more about it. I included it so you can get an idea of how it looks as you flip through my album (though I added a blue back drop for less distraction), but since I have already shared it before w/ more detail I wasn't too concerned about the way the page itself photographed.


As I mentioned prior, I left the back of the Sharp Objects Pocket Page blank because it was a nice back drop for the "Can't Breaf" layout (seen here ).


Then comes my 12x12 Pocket Page layout for the week:


A brief summary of this week:
> Easter Sunday - David and I went to Lazy Dog for Brunch
> I caught Panini recovering from what looks like a wild night, LOL
Basically the story is, I walked into my room and saw her napping, surrounded by money and a receipt that David had thrown on the bed.
It looked like she passed out after a long night of partying so of course I had to take a photo, LOL
> A beautiful avocado from my tree...
Using my new Kelly Purkey "Healthy" stamp set: the avocado and the "healthy + tasty"
> I tried the new Hazelnut M&Ms, which I loved, and used my new Kellie Stamps "Chocolate" stamp set: the chocolate bar and the '#NotSharing"
I also used some Elle's Studio stamps and pocket page cards.
BTW this is one of my favorite PL pages this year because it's so colorful; the photo here does not do it justice!


Week 18 -






We went to Texas this week, crossing into Week 19.
But I didn't want to include "all things Texas" in my spread as I want to maybe, hopefully, create some separate Texas related layouts...but don't hold your breath, LOL!
So in this week's spread I just made sure to mention that we went to Texas.
The photo of "Texas" is a postcard image I found online.
The photo of the plane is a PL digital card that I found in the PL App. I also used the PL App to add journaling to the card; a brief summary of the main highlights of Texas.
This I printed on heavy white paper.


I included a postcard I bought in Texas and brochures of a couple of things we did in Texas: a Cavern Tour and a visit to the Dr. Pepper Museum.
All were hole punched and placed directly into the album

This week was also the end of April, beginning of May, so you know I had to include that Justin Timberlake "It's gonna be May" meme, bahahahahaha!
The top left is a new one I found this year and the bottom left popped up on my Insta Stories "Memory Feed", reminding me that I posted it last year, so I used both on this layout cuz a spread w/ JT in it is always a good idea ::wink::

I finished watching "The Act" a Hulu Original story based on the true life story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. Though I found the true story to be interesting, the show wasn't all that.
It was good as far as learning more about the case, but the story-telling was way too cheesy, in my opinion, so I gave it a "Meh" rating.
If you never heard this story, check it out: Gypsy Rose

Finally, I also enjoyed a yummy breakfast of Pumpkin Spice Mini-Wheats that I wanted to document. Yes, Pumpkin Spice in May, cuz that's how I roll!
BTW - Peep that pumpkin stamp from the Kelly Purkey "Healthy" Stamp Set.

I really enjoyed creating these pages, though they took me for-ever!
I do have a few more pages finished but sometimes it feels like photographing and sharing the pages takes as much time as making them!

7 comments:

  1. Well, they got done! Yay! And they look great!
    Reminder to self: Don't come to Doreen's blog when you are hungry because she always has food pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ALWAYS, bahahahaha! (okay mostly always) and TY!

      Delete
  2. Love these pages!!! Your cat with the money and receipt is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?! I still chuckle when I look at that photo.

      Delete
  3. Awesome pages! I can so relate to the introvert. And I am so jealous that you have an avocado tree. I didn't try the hazelnut M&M's, but I did try the international English toffee ones - YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...