Saturday, July 27, 2019

07/27/19 - 3 Yrs (Gone)

Okay, so I lied...
In my previous post I said I was done with my Pet Themed TN, but I just created another layout.
That makes 14 in this TN, if you're counting.
I didn't think I could comfortably fit any more but this one fit and fit well.
In fact it gave me less trouble than the layout right before it... go figure!

 

June 20th (2019) was the 3rd anniversary of the passing of my Malti-Poo, Ivanna.
She was 15.
I came across the bottom photo and decided to scrap it.
It's a photo of the memorial statue we bought after she passed; it sits on the window ledge on our front porch.

Funny story...
this is the 3rd time I scrapped this photo; unbeknownst to me.
I knew I scrapped it twice, once for a tribute page and once for a Project Life layout, but had no idea until after I had stuck it down here that this was the 3rd time!
Apparently I printed multiples of this photo w/out realizing.
It's the 3rd anniversary so I guess it was just meant to be.
::shrugs::
 
 
Anyway onto the layout.
As I said, I came across this photo one night, when felt the urge to be creative, but was exhausted (lately it's the story of my life, but that's a whole other Oprah)!
So I thought I would play a little w/ glue and paper and just see where it went.
Well, THIS is where it went.
But to be honest, the only things I stuck down that night was everything on the bottom (minus the date stamp) and the black tag and the "this was a tough day" phrase on the top.
Everything else was added a couple of days later.
But I'm glad it worked out that way, because in that 2 day interim I remembered I had the top photo, that I have never scrapped, which would work perfectly on this spread because of the colors in the BG of the photo.
Sometimes it really does work out better to allow the scrappy process to marinate!

Product deets:
> the BG papers are from Kelly Purkey
> the majority of the embellishments are from Elle's Studio.
> the "3" is from Pinkfresh Studio
> the "xo" and the "thinking of you stamp" are from Studio Calico

And though it was difficult to really capture the true fullness of this TN, I wanted to share this w/ you:


Seeing it so full, and flipping though it, makes me smile!
Despite some of the creating process being a PITA, LOL
 

6 comments:

  1. Doreen: Sorry for the sorrow you're still experiencing yet the TN layout was apparently meant to give you a chance to creatively express your emotions. I agree that sometimes waiting to finish a card or a layout results in a better creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY... I agree, though didn't know it at the time!

      Delete
  2. Awwwwww I love that you added this page! It is so beautiful and touching! Dandy is 19 now, and his vet has us prepared that he may not make it through the summer .... sigh :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a sweet layout and memorial...love your pet TN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - such a special page. It was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...