Monday, July 15, 2019

07/15/19 - "Use Your Stuff Challenge" #367

07/23/19 - Edited to Add: I am including this in the current Double Trouble Challenge: Challenge #33

Hi!

This Week's "Use Your Stuff" Challenge is MASCULINE.

I used a lot of my Birthday Themed sticker stash to create this page about my son's 24th Birthday:

"24th Birthday (Boy)"

Edited to Add: this is a 12x12 Paper layout

Since I concentrate so much on Project Life spreads, I always feel a bit rusty w/ Traditional Layouts.
And because of that I always see things I could have done better.
Oh well...done is better than perfect!

And isn't that llama adorable?!

The story:
The day after his birthday, Joseph stopped by our house to pick up his gifts.

His Birthday is June 14th.
I realized that after I stamped the date I should have used the date the photos were taken instead, but I guess since it was just one day later, it's not that big of a deal.

Of course, I say that now but only time will tell if it drives me crazy enough to fix it later, LOL!
Repeat: "done is better than perfect" ::wink::

I don't know how "masculine" this page is, but it's about a boy, well a man, my son so I'd say that qualifies for the challenge.


Products:
- Echo Park
- Maggie Holmes
- Carta Bella
- Pinkfresh Studio
- Elle's Studio

13 comments:

  1. ah what a sweet layout. Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Happy Birthday! Ok I am sure I have asked you this but are layouts all digital? The lighting is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is not digital. In fact most of my layouts are not digital. I did a few digital project life pages last year, but every thing from this year has been traditional. I generally note it in the post whether a layout is digital or traditional...traditional meaning "paper".

      Delete
  3. I don't see anything that you could have done better, except possibly getting the date right. I could see that bugging me enough to change it. Love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy page!

    P/s: I would just journal a line...photos taken on June 15 and be done with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this!!!! I love the photos and that llama!! And I agree with Miss Yvonne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your comment on Double Trouble Challenge, and hope you share this with our Challenge...after all you met the requirement "Kid, and a birthday/occasion, and you even included the zoo animal twist and can share with The Paper Crafters too, and within the date of our challenge...so go for it. We would love you to share with us and The Paper Crafters, just add us to your post, and enter on both challenges. Love your scrapbook page and kids never grow up, mine are all over 45...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely record of the occasion. That llama is very cute and suits our animal challenge nicely. WE hope you join us again at the Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great scrapbook page. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Animals and ATC" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scrapbooking! The llama is really cute and I think this is wonderful tribute to your child, even if he's all grown up. "Happy Birthday to Joseph." Thank you for joining the challenge fun at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...