Sunday, April 28, 2019

04/28/19 - "Sharp Objects"



Lately I've been in a major funk.
A major Life funk and a major Scrappy funk.
I'm sure there is a correlation between the 2.
While I try to ride the ebb and flow that is my life I am also trying to find ways to be creative that wont sap my very little energy.

This is one such project.

- click on photo to enlarge -
"Sharp Objects"

A very simple Pocket Page insert that uses minimal product to tell 4 stories:

The Story of us subscribing to HBO Prime and why.
The Story of my having read "Sharp Objects" (last year, which is also in my 2018 Project Life Album).
The Story of my (finally) watching the "Sharp Objects" Limited Series.
The Story of my having the desire to reread the book.

The photo was printed from the Internet and adhered to Bazzill Basics black cardstock. I added a Kelly Purkey phrase sticker and some Jillibean Soup alphas.
The 3x4 "cards" were cut from the same cardstock.
I then took a 3x4 Studio Calico Pocket Page Card and sliced it in half, journaling on each appropriate section (watching/reading) and glued each of them down to one, then the other, 3x4 black "cards"
Finally I added some Tim Holtz Tiny Attached staples, slid the completed "cards" into the 6x8 Becky Higgins/Project Life Pocket Page and called my page 'done'! 
Sure it's no masterpiece but it tells a story, 4 stories actually, and isnt that really what memory keeping is all about?


8 comments:

  1. Sorry you are in a funk! :( Brian orders HBO for the same reason as your hubby ... lol!!! Love your page!!! Did you like the series??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY, my friend. It sucks, but...it is what it is!
      LOL, that's funny about Brian! I have never seen a single episode of GOT and have zero intention to!
      As for "Sharp Objects"...loved it, though the book was definitely better and as I stated in my post, I'm reading it for the second time :0)

      Delete
  2. Love this page I keep seeing this book on Instagram and I am like ok this is calling me. I am right there with you in a funk in bot worlds too. Im determined to use your motivation to get myself out of it! Thank you for pushing through! Let me get to my desk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and encouragement and letting me know I'm encouraging you as well! Hope you read the book. Hope you like the book. And I hope you feel better soon as well! ((HUGS))

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you're in a funk. I like your simple page and hope it's a jump-start back to full energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen this?! Super excited to see your LO!
    https://www.scrapbook.com/articles/international-scrapbook-day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I had no idea! I havent been on SB.com too much lately and, because I'm going on vacation I'm not going to be around for iNSD so I havent really read any of the announcements or checked out the threads. Thanks so much for letting me know it made me smile!

      Delete
  5. I've read the book twice and I started the series, but never finished it :/ great way to document!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...