Thursday, March 21, 2019

03/22/19 - "Captain Marvelous"


Hi there!
Just stopping by to share my latest (Traveler's Notebook) Layout.
I was inspired to create a layout for the latest challenge over at "Scrap the Boys".
The challenge is to be inspired by this mood board:




When I saw this photo my son posted on his Instagram of him in front of the "Captain Marvel" movie poster, I knew it would be just perfect!
(Yes, I totally stole the photo, taking a screenshot of it, LOL)


Journaling:
"10 Mar 2019
Joseph was Super excited to see this movie...he loved it!
Photo Credit= David"

My son is into Super Heroes and Cosplay.
This day he went to the movies, w/ my husband, wearing a partial Captain Marvel cosplay outfit.
I think the proper term in this instance is Gender-Bender Cosplay.

I think he looked great and especially so in front of the Movie Poster.
There was some filtering going on as well as you can see from the stars in the photo.
To create the layout I layered plain back cardstock over my blank white TN pages and then partially layered that w/ some leftover "Circus" themed PP from Ella and Viv Paper Company:




I thought the colors were perfect!
The "Amazing" sticker is also from the same Circus Paper pack.



I then proceeded to add lots of Elle's Studio puffy star and puffy dot stickers until I felt satisfied.
Actually looking at the layout I realize that all the rest of the embellishments are from Elle's Studio, including the Alphas, LOL! I even included some scraps from an old project (see the orange & white tab pieces on each side of the layout).

The title was a mix of the movie title, "Captain Marvel", and the word "Marvelous"; since my son really liked the movie!
I thought it'd be a fun play on words.

Finally I stamped the date, included a tag and some journaling, and a couple of staples from my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and called my layout done!

I'll admit that due to a scrappy slump I've been having lately, it took me a lot longer than it should have to get this layout done. 
I second-guessed myself through the entire process, even ruining and tossing some scrappy supplies in the process! ::sigh:: 
But in the end, and after telling myself to walk away from it and coming back to it days later w/ fresh eyes, I realize just how much I like it!

Thinking about it though, I don't know if it qualifies for the challenge as there is technically a girl in the photo, even if it's a girl in a poster.
But even if it doesn't, I am happy for the inspiration and for getting another memory scrapped!



10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful art journal spread! I love the background, the amazing photo (love that you "stole" it! LOL!) and your awesome design. I believe that you are out of your slump!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title and love your layout! That paper is perfect for the photo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are Marvel geeks in our house!! My fave is Groot! :) I love love love this!!! LOVING that photo and the colors are perfect for Captain Marvel!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like it! Glad your fresh eyes do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the colors of the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous - sometimes we are just too hard on ourselves and put far too much stuff in the bin! Love that you looked at this with fresh eyes and posted it. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic, I agree the background paper is perfect. Hopefully you're out of your slump now. Thanks for sharing at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love this!!! Your papers and embellishments are perfect!! Thanks for joining our challenge at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is marvelous ;) Sorry, I couldn't help myself lol But, in all seriousness I love this bright fun page! Thanks for playing along with STB this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...