Saturday, January 12, 2019

01/12/19 - "Oops, Did That Really Just Happen?"

 Hey there!

Today's post represents 2 of my 2019 resolutions/goals:
1) scrap older photos
2) participate in more blog challenges
  
The photos are from July 2015, during the same Vegas trip documented in my previous layout;

And the design of my layout was inspired by a new-to-me blog that I recently stumbled across;
the Kraft+ Plus blog.
If you haven't figured it out their goal is to use a kraft BG on your layouts.
They also offer challenges to inspire you .
This month's challenge is: be inspired by INDIGENOUS ART
And here is the graphic that was shared:




Not sure how 'indigenous' my layout is but I was very much inspired!

 "Oops, Did that Really Just Happen?"

I was inspired first by the circles and went about punching different sized circles to represent the bubbles in my photos. BTW - the Kraft paper was the perfect BG for my cream colored tub!
At first I was just going to do kraft and white, but then the burnt orange color in the tile in the photo stood out to me and I punched out some additional circles from a scrap of orange PP which also had a sort of geometric design to it, which I felt very much represented the challenge. I also added self-adhesive puffy dots, and some smaller dots drawn w/ a white gel pen to finish off the look I was going for.
The additional pieces, the PL card and the word/phrase stickers from Elle's Studio, were just thrown in for fun and to add a bit more color.
In the end I am really happy w/ how it turned out!

BTW - because I try really hard to be truthful on my blog, on the back if this page is really badly painted white circles! Paint is not my friend, LOL
Also, though I used to really love using Kraft as a BG...it's been years since I have and I literally only had one piece of kraft cardstock in my stash, so I only had 2 tries to get this right, bahahahahaha!
I would love to play along w/ this blog again, so it looks like I need to go shopping!

You should check out their blog...it is seriously awesome!

5 comments:

  1. LOL to your OOPS!! This is awesome! LOVING how you added all the circles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page - I love the circle bubbles! Looking forward to seeing what else you create with kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those bubbles! such a fun layout with the circles :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you must go shopping for Kraft ;) It was fabulous to have you join us. I love these photos, I must admit we got rid of our bath and I really miss it. Loving those bubbles too, thanks again for playing along with Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I had to laugh, re: the amount of Kraft in your stash! You deffo need more! LOVE the circles - especially the burnt orange. Brill moment captured & I really like how our inspiration is just for that. You aren't expected to follow it the 'the letter', so this is a perfect page for our challenge - thanks for joining in!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...