Friday, November 16, 2018

11/16/18 - Sketch-N-Scrap #165 / CKC Nov Project #4

Good Morning!
Hope all is well...
Today is my Friday off so I'm slowly easing into my day.
I got up at 5:15...
My usual time is about 4:50ish.
Apparently "sleeping in" isn't the same as it was when I was a teenager, LOL
I can't even imagine sleeping in until 10AM (or even 8AM or 7AM for that matter)… too much to do!
Including Scrapbooking yay!

I created the bulk of today's layout last night and added a few finishing touches this morning.

I used nothing but my Counterfeit Challenge Blog November Kit and this Sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap:

 

"These Are the Days"
Hey look it's Hamlet, the "impossible-to-photograph-black pig"!
LOL

Journaling: "A Selfie (10.04.18) and Hide-N-Seek (10.06.18), though Hamlet didn't know he was playing!"

I took a few liberties w/ the sketch but all the elements are there:
-2 different sized photos in the same basic placement
-a strip of paper (though the sketch uses two, horizontally)
-a circle banner in the top corner
-a title placed in the same area
-a "flag" shaped sticker to make up for the fact that I didn't use that shape for the title spot

I had a lot of fun working w/ this sketch and it reminded me just how much I miss working w/ sketches!
I have been on 2 Sketch Design Teams in the past and I really miss it!
I guess I'll just have to try to play along w/ blog challenges to get my fix!

12 comments:

  1. You just need to replace your carpet, furniture, and blankets with bright yellow, orange, and/or pink and Hamlet will show up very nicely in photos! You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll add that to my list of options....I'll call it plan Z! LOL

      Delete
  2. Fun photos :D great colors on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!!!! I love Cindy's comment!!!! As a fellow dark animal owner, I get it!! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeee this! SO fun!!!!!!!! And my days off are up at 3:40AM .... lol ... which is SLEEPING in for me, as my workdays I am up at 1:55AM!! LOL!!! Don't you WISH you were me?!?!?! HA!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband has the same schedule and same for him as far as sleeping in... and NO, I don't wish I was you, either of you, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Doreen: Great interpretation of the sketch! and another great LO featuring Hamlet!!! Tremendous use of your November CKC blog kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch! Love that background paper! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The black really pops off the bright background!

    P/s: Try a grayscale photo of Hamlet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch. Love the background paper. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to have a black Scottie dog and could never get a good picture. Looks like you two are the best of pals. Your layout is terrific. So very pleased you played along with us at Sketch N Scrap! Your participation is much appreciated!
    Sharon Fontenot
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doreen - I love this fun layout and it's a great take on the sketch. I am so happy to see you playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap and using your Counterfeit Kit - sadly, my November kit has been neglected...hoping to remedy that this holiday weekend! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful take on the sketch - love the paper you've used. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...