Thursday, June 16, 2016

06/16/16 - Getting "Messy" Again

I took a break from "Get Messy" for a couple of reasons:
 1. I wasn't feeling motivated to create outside of scrapbooking
     - as an artist I feel I'm a better scrapbooker than art journaler

2. The last Season of "Get Messy" wasn't really 'my cup of tea'
    - it was the "Season of Lists"
And to me, making lists sounds more like work than fun.

So I took a break.
I continued to create through scrapbooking, but although I was enjoying concentrating on the one art form, I really started to miss "Get Messy" and art journaling in general (despite the fact that I'm not very good at it).

Last week the new Season began: the "Season of Introspection"
And despite the fact that I am already a week behind I am determined to join in!

I created my first 2 pages yesterday -

Here they are together:




And here they are separately:

-Page One: "Who Am I"-


(Page one) was inspired by the first "Art Journal" prompt for Week1 and the quote I used is the quote that was shared with us with the prompts for Week 2...so basically I combined a little of both from the 2 separate weeks. Whatever works, right?
Funny thing about this page is I used a list format to include all the things "I am..."
Didn't I just say I hated lists?!? LOL
Which makes me think I may be able to go back to the "Season of Lists" and create few pages after all.

My list, in case you can't read it on the page, is as follows:

- Wife
-Mother
-Animal Lover
-Coffee Addict
-Artist
-Foodie
-Fitness Enthusiast
-Book Lover
-Selfie Taker
-Netflix Junkie
-Introvert
-Music Lover
-Memory Keeper
-Over thinker
-Snoopy Lover
-Queen (of useless information)




-Page Two: "Bitch" -


(Page two) was inspired by my page one.
As I was thinking of things to list I kept saying in my head "I am a/an..." and that reminded me of a song that came out in 1997 that I loved (and still love) and I decided it would be fun to go down memory lane and include the (chorus) lyrics on an art journal page.
It's nothing fancy but I like it, and I totally relate, LOL!  I am both sides of the coin, going from one extreme to the next w/ no warning (my poor husband)... so when I read the lyrics/sing the song I'm like "YUP"!

Lyrics (because my handwriting isn't always legible):

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess on my knees
When you hurt, when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover
I've been numb, I'm revived
Can't say I'm not alive
You know I wouldn't want it any other way"



Do you know the song?
Here's the link to the You Tube video - be kind, remember this is from 1997:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivt_N2Zcts

That's all for today.
Hope to be sharing more pages w/ you soon!

3 comments:

  1. looks like you are getting your mojo back :D sometimes a break is needed, but it is fun to see you getting messy again--looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe ... my brother has dedicated that song to me over and over and over again -- he says it's my theme song! HA!!! I loveeeeeeee these pages!! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you don't think you're very good at art journaling. Your pages are great! There's no right and wrong to art journaling and yours capture you, which makes them perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...