Thursday, June 9, 2016

06/09/16 - Pumpkin Juice

Hi!
Still playing catch up!
Created this in May:
 
 
 
"Pumpkin Juice"
Journaling: "Joseph and I taking "selfies" while trying Pumpkin Juice for the first time.
I was the only one, out of all of us, who liked it.
5.8.16"
 
 
Since I created and shared a layout about trying "Butter Beer"of course I had to do the same when we tried "Pumpkin Juice".
 
While visiting Harry Potter World (again) my son decide to try the Pumpkin Juice.
I love pumpkin flavored everything (except pie... I know, I'm a weirdo) so I definitely wanted to try it. I even told my son to buy me one... but then we both decided maybe we should share this one just in case we didn't like it.
Well, I wound up loving it!!! Him not-so-much!
 
How to describe it?  Well, it's juice w/ a slight pumpkin spice flavor and VERY sweet!
That's why he didn't like it. Personally the sweeter the better is my motto so I thought it was
de-licious!
David and Madison tried it too and Madison hated it! David thought it was "alright" (but then again it takes a lot to impress him, LOL)
 
So in the end, I was the only one who could actually say they liked it!
 
For inquiring minds here are the ingredients: Water, Apple Juice Concentrate, Pumpkin Puree, Apricot Puree, Sugar, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Benzoate.
 
 
BTW there is a story behind the silly "selfies"....
(I tell ya, I always have "stories"!)
I told my son to take a "selfie" of us w/ the Pumpkin Juice to commemorate the occasion... but he was so stiff in the first couple of photos; that tends to be his "selfie" style: STIFF!
So I proceeded to show him how a really "selfie" should be taken and started hamming it up for the camera as he snapped photos.
He finally got into it and 8 "selfies" later these wound up being my faves!
 

I had so much fun making this layout and everything seemed to just come together so effortlessly! 
 
I wound up entering this in the SB.com "May Hoarders Challenge" because all of the items on here, except the "I Solemnly Swear..." sticker, are hoarded items ranging from at least a year-in -a-half old to approximately 12 years old.
 
 
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also entered in the following SB.com Challenges:
 
"May Sticker challenge":
13 total
-Alphas/Title (12)
-"I Solemnly Swear..."

And the "Scrap with your Scraps" challenge:
The pumpkin paper (circle) is from my scrap stash.
It was already cut and outlined that way so apparently it was rejected from a prior layout.

5 comments:

  1. Totally love this layout Doreen! Of course because it's HP related, but it all goes together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooooooo fun! LOVING those selfies and you are braver than me, I'd be afraid to try it! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The selfies are awesome and we don't see a lot of Joseph in your pages. As for pumpkin juice, I'd definitely try it. I like pumpkin ok but don't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that is sweet he kept taking selfies for you :) Love the page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big pumpkin fan either. I love your layout though. The selfie lesson explanation had me cracking up! Such a fun post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...