Monday, May 21, 2018

05/21/18 - Weekend Craftiness

 
Hi there, hey there!
As I mentioned in my last post I haven't had a lot of time to scrap.
And just recently I realized feel like some of what I have done this year was done in haste which takes the fun out of it, and has me looking back on those layouts w/ a bit of  a "meh" feeling... like I could have done so much better.
 
It has me thinking back to my OLW(s) -
Less/More
 
I'm doing "More" but loving it "Less", and I need it to be the other way around.
So I made a vow to myself that I will make time for scrapping but if I absolutely have no time that I will accept it and wait instead of half-assing my spreads.
Oh, and  I may even go back and tweak those I've done a bit to make myself feel better about them.
 
 
I still have more than half-a-year to put that practice in place so here's to looking forward to a "fresh-start"!
 
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
I did make some time for scrapping this weekend and I enjoyed the process and the results very much!
Despite one of the layouts being about a not-so-happy subject:
 
 
"Hello Beautiful"
2 page
Travelers Notebook Spread
For my Food Themed Midori Travelers Notebook

Journaling:
"South of the Border Guacamole Charburger from The Habit Hamburger Grill
Fresh, seasoned Charburger topped with a crisp tostada shell, guacamole, pico de gallo, melted cheese, and ancho chile lime crema. Served on a toasted bun with crisp, shredded lettuce, tomato and pickles"
 
 
 
 
 "Life's Ruff Ruff"
Traditional
12x12 layout

Journaling:
"4.12.18 - National Pet Day. Also the day we found out Spotty has Spinal Arthritis. His back legs no longer work and it's irreversible. All we can do is try our best to keep him comfortable and give him meds to help w/ his pain. It makes me sad."

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts. I love that you document ordinary stuff like a burger, as well as the pain of Spotty's diagnosis.

    I haven't noticed any decline in the quality of your layouts, but if they're not making you happy then it definitely makes sense to go back and tweak them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love these!!! We love The Habit!!!! And sorry to hear about his diagnosis :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...