Saturday, May 9, 2020

05/09/20 - "2 Cute Jerks" and "Fig Hunter"


Today I'm sharing w/ you a couple of recently completed Pet Layouts.

The First Layout -
12x12 Traditional Paper layout:


Journaling:
Left -
"Our neighbor's cat, Jones. He sleeps on our porch all the time but won't let me pet him. #CatsAreJerks"

Right-
"Panini and Jones on our porch. I think this is the closest they'll ever get to being friends! #CatsAreJerks x 2"

I love to jokingly say "cats are jerks" so that's how I came up w/ the title.
My goal for this page was to use up some old, actually more like ancient, Project Life cards.
I used 2 of them, the tan and yellow pieces, as one of the layers behind my photos.
Everything else on here is also stash items, except the BG. A few other items fall into the "ancient" category also.

.
.

The Second Layout -
Is also a 12x12 Traditional Paper layout and is the only layout I completed on iNSD (inter-National Scrapbooking Day)

Journaling:
"Hamlet loves our neighbors' fig tree! Actually, more specifically, the figs that fall from that tree. What Hamlet doesn't know is, before I let him outside, I pick up approximately 90% of those figs. My Fat Boy DOES NOT need any extra calories, nor the sugar!
November 24th, 2019"


This layout was also part of a challenge over at SB.com
The challenge was to select the oldest layout in our gallery, where we used stamps, and use it to inspire our new layout.
See the original layout below, which I created on July 3rd 2006; back in the day when stamps were wooden.
I used the same stamps on my new layout.
The stamps are the small wooden alpha sets you used to be able to find in the Walmart craft section...remember those?

Completing the new layout I reminded me how hard it was to line up wooden stamps, but I did have fun trying!
I may break them out again, I mean since I still have them!


"Silly" (created in 2006)
 
BTW - this is Madison wearing her (clean) underwear on her head back when she was 3.
She's always been a character.... wonder where she gets that from, LOL
Actually it's both me and my husband.
Poor girl had no chance! ::wink::

The new layout is made of all stash items (except the enamel dots).
I'm really making a dent this year and couldn't be happier about it!

3 comments:

  1. Love love love these!!! They are gorgeous! And loving your lift of yourself!! That is AWESOME you used the same stamp set!! And I agree, cats are jerks! LOL!!! :) No offense to all the cat lovers out there, I have owned three cats myself years ago, but then I went pro-dog and never looked back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with #CatsAreJerks. Love the page! And that is hilarious that you are cleaning up the neighbor's figs before Hamlet helps clean up the rest. Does he leave the pits behind, or eat them somehow?

    LOL about Madison. She must love this photo. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for using older items.

    I would get a cat, but yeah, they are jerks haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...