Monday, January 21, 2019

01/21/19 - "Use Your Stuff" Challenge #344

Hello and Happy Monday and if you're like me, Happy Day Off (for MLK Jr Day)!

Today is also the reveal of this week's challenge at the "Use Your Stuff" blog.
This week's challenge is Numbers.

I created a simple layout that I absolutely adore!
Sometimes simple is all that is needed:

"Xmas 2018"
I used large alphas for my title that includes the year: 2018

This layout was quick and easy, apart from deciding which BG to use, LOL
The BG and "Merry & Bright" Sticker are from an old (2011) Echo Park Christmas kit that I bought a couple of months ago at Tuesday Morning.
The "Pure Magic" and Christmas Pocket Page Card is from Elle's Studio.
And the letters and star are from an ANCIENT Jenni Bowlin Studio Alpha sticker sheet...
I'm not exaggerating when I say it is OLD!
Other than those pieces I simply used my Fiskars Large Circle Punch to punch a circle out of white card stock to make a backing for the "Pure Joy" embellishment, on which I added my signature outlining (I outlined the pocket page card also).

Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy!
I hope my (simple) page inspires you to lay along w/ us.
You have all week!

6 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeee this! And I have those JB alphas too!! I miss her stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is fantastic! Love that bold background - I need to be a little braver and try using a patterned background more often. It's rare that I do and it's usually a very subtle pattern! You may have just inspired me to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh TY! I use busy BGs quite frequently so I didn't even think of it as "bold", but looking at it again, I understand why you would say that! So glad I could (maybe) inspire you!

      Delete
  3. I always look for your signature outlining! It's fun trying to guess why you did or didn't outline on particular elements. I really like your page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And truthfully there is no real rhyme or reason. I just look at a finished page and if it doesn't look finished I add outlining to whatever stands out to me! Sometimes it's just a few pieces, sometimes it's (practically) everything!

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...