Friday, August 24, 2018

08/23/18 - CKC August / Project #7

This is (probably) my last project w/ my August Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog Kit.
I have had such a great time w/ this kit, and the overall process of working from a Counterfeit Kit, that I am really hoping to continue to play along again in future months!
Crossing my fingers that time will allow it.

For now, let's take a look at my last August project.

Some background first:
As you know I have been tackling my first ever Project Life this year.
I have been doing my best to follow the traditional aspect of it while throwing in my own twists here and there.
For example:
- Alternating Traditional Pocket Pages w/ Digital Pages
- Using real life embellishments on Digital Pages
- Mixing-in Traditional Pages either in-between, before, or after corresponding Pocket Pages
- Alternating documenting a whole week w/ documenting one day/event

I find the flexibility allows me to continue to want to keep going w/ the project which, I admit, can sometimes be tedious...
Especially when you're behind!
(And I did get behind.)

Today I bring you yet another twist on the Project Life Page...
Though it's the 1st time I'm trying this method, I am not the one who invented it.
This page is a 12x12 Traditional Layout w/ random photos from the week:


"PL Week 26"

Despite the fact that I feel like I take a lot of photos, this particular week I really didn't.
And 1 of the photos I took wound up on another layout, which I already shared (LINK/2nd Layout), and that other page will follow this page in my PL Album.

With only 4 photos and 1 journaling block I tried to make a traditional pocket page and realized I couldn't because the back of that page would need to hold the 12x12 traditional layout referenced above; cant do back-to-back w/ 1 pocket page and 1 traditional page.
So I tried to do a digital page and I just could not get it to work because I couldn't get the 4x4 meme to fit into a frame on a page w/ out needing to choose a template that had lots of extra spaces to fill.
I tried...believe me, I did!

Finally it clicked!
Do a traditional page but include all the photos for that week and call it a Project Life Page!
It worked out so well that I will definitely be doing it again!

The only thing is, I wish I had thought of it sooner...
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to create a page for this week;
time I will never get back... ugh... LOL

4 comments:

  1. That is a clever idea when you don't have a lot for that week! I struggle with that during December for Dec. Daily -- working full time, I am NOT going to have something exciting every M-F! LOL! I bought one of those tic-tacs for Adam -- and only cause he likes the Simpsons! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Love the black background:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! I love the way you unified everything with the circles. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and such a good idea when you don't have enough pictures
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...