Saturday, August 18, 2018

08/18/18 - CKC August / Challenge #2

Hello!

Welcome to my blog post and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog's 2nd (and Last challenge) for the month of August.
Today's challenge, to (hopefully) inspire you use up that August kit, is:

Mix and Match Journaling or Title. We have them in our stash -alphabet stickers, word stickers, stamps, dies, and even punches.  Use at least two different alphabet styles for your title or journaling.


This is actually something I do frequently because I'm always trying to stretch my alphas when they are getting to the end. Mixing them up not only gets them used, but it sometimes results in some interesting combos!

For this layout I mixed the alphas in my title:

"Real Men Wear Pink"
Journaling:
"The chicks are gonna dig him!
Stylish amirite?! Pink was $120 dollars less than blue.
(Sorry, Spotty) Good thing dogs are colorblind!
07.13.18"


For those who do not normally read my blog, here's some back-story (via a previous, not-for-this-challenge layout I created):


Journaling:
"4.12.18 - National Pet Day. Also the day we found out Spotty has Spinal Arthritis. His back legs no longer work and it's irreversible. All we can do is try our best to keep him comfortable and give him meds to help w/ his pain. It makes me sad."
Yes, it's sad that our fur-baby is going through this but we are trying our best to make him as happy as possible while he is still with us.



Back to my layout for this challenge...

I'm very happy w/ it!
Not only is everything from my Counterfeit kit, but I have used up yet another Wood Embellishment (remember I said I'm not a huge fan of wood embellishments?)!
I also like that I was able to incorporate lots of pink on the layout due to the color of my dog's wheel chair. Normally I wouldn't think to use so much pink because my dog is a boy, but the topic of this layout made it A-Okay-USA! (though technically there aren't any rules... but you know what I mean!)

I hope you'll play along!
Here's the link to the challenge again: CKC Blog - Mix and Match Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I love this, Doreen! The overall design is so fun and I am so glad that you included the backstory on Spotty, as well! Way to go using up another wood piece. It's been great having you as our guest designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! That's so weird that pink would be so much cheaper than blue. You normally hear about it the other way around, where pink razors cost 3x what blue razors do, or whatever. Not that either way makes any sense.

    Looking forward to seeing what else comes from the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FABULOUS!!!! I am with Cindy, I am shocked the pink cost less! That is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...