Sunday, August 12, 2018

08/12/18 - CKC August / Challenge #1

Hey there, hi there!
Happy Snout Sunday!
"Happy Snout Sunday?" you're asking...
Well, when you see what I'm sharing today it will make more sense...

Popping in to share the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog's current challenge to help you use your August Counterfeit Kit.

This is challenge #1 for the month and it is called:
 

Put it on an angle Use your favorite layout style and turn it a little bit to put it on an angle on your layout.
 
One of my go-to scrappy items is circles... big and small!
On this layout I used a big circle to anchor my photos of our mini-pig Hamlet enjoying his rooting rug.
And small circles to add pops of color and interest!
(We pig owners frequently use "Snout Sunday" as a hashtag on Instagram. Makes sense now, right?)
 
 
"Rooting Rug Fun"
 
Journaling: "Hamlet enjoying his Batman rooting rug. Thanks to my daughter, his momma, it's all Batman all the time for Hamlet. 09.11.17"
 
Naturally I went for Black and Yellow as my main colors, cuz... Batman!
But I quickly found I didn't have a whole lot of other Black and Yellow embellishments, DOH!
So I got creative, AKA took a chance, and added red and white (leftovers from my "Espana" Travelers Notebook spread; see previous post) and some blue and green and you know what? I absolutely LOVE the look!
I wasn't kidding when I said the Counterfeit Challenge really makes you think outside the box!
I would have never added those colors if I had my whole arsenal of scrappy supplies to choose from and yet... they really work so well on the layout!
Seriously LOVE this layout!
 
That Rooting Rug has since gone to pasture but the photos and memories will forever be captured!
 
BTW that little flag that's sticking out of the "Good Times" embellishment block was actually cut off of one of my embellishments, which means I still have the rest of it to use.
Talk about making your supplies stretch, amirite?!
And that "makes me happy" stamp is from my food stamp set... how lucky did I get, LOL!
 
Anyway, I really hope you like this layout and are inspired to play along.
In case I'm not inspiring enough, go check out the CKC Blog for more Design Team inspiration!
 
 
TIA!
 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun page! Love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this layout! Is he rooting for something hidden in the rug, or just rooting in the rug for fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was something in it...probably cereal, but the hopes of finding more is what makes him root in the rug even when there is nothing to root for.
      He roots a lot on our carpet and outdoors to.
      This just keeps it more centralized... not that it stops him from rooting in those other areas ;0)

      Delete
  3. This is sooooooooooo fun! I am loving the pops of red with the Batman colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHmy gosh this is toooooooooooooo cute :) the photos are :) the layout is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah too cute! Love the bright yellow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...