Wednesday, July 12, 2017

07/12/17 - June "Ugly Paper" Challenge

 
Hi, it's "Ugly Paper" time again!
 
First a reminder of the rules (you can skip this part if you already know them):
  
1. After signing up, the host gives your name and address to another participant
2. The other participant sends you 2 "ugly" papers and at least one ugly embellishment
3. You MUST use both papers; the embellishment(s) is optional
4. You are allowed to use other items as well, as long as the 2 "ugly" papers are included in the layout
5. You are allowed to alter the papers and, if used, the embellishment(s) but they must still be recognizable 
 
 
 
 
"June Uglies"  
 
 
 
"Turok"
 
Journaling:
"We took Madi out to see Cirque Du Soliel's new "Avatar" inspired show Turok; Joseph was out of town.
Unfortunately we weren't impressed.
The scenery was gorgeous but the story and action was boring!
Well, at least we had Family Time.
11.5.16"

(I realized after I scanned and uploaded the layout that I forgot to fix the "year" on the date. I had originally wrote '17 so I whited it out so I can fix it to '16, but forgot to fix it, LOL. It's been fixed IRL though)


Both the ugly papers are there:
I used the "Tie Dye" PP for all my circles (3 Total) and the "Tree Branch" PP for all my triangles (3 Total).
I also used 2 of the 3 ugly embellishments:
The large "@" sign which was beige but I sprayed it an iridescent teal color AND the pink jeweled border under the photos.

It was a challenge but as usual a fun challenge.

Until next time...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also for the following SB.com June Challenges:
>No to Be Squared
Every shape on here, except for 1, is "Not a Square".
I used circles, triangles, a banner, and rounded-cornered items.

>Sticker
I used 9
-Alphas (5)
-Hearts (2)
-Pink jeweled border strip
-Frame
*NO TWIST*

>Hoarders
14 items
-Alphas (5)
-Hearts (2)
-PL Cards (2)
-Frame
-Memories View Finder Embellishment
-Washi Tape (2)
-BG paper

>Pick a Technique
I picked 2 of the 3 that were offered: "spray" and "punch"
I used my Heidi Swap spray to change the large "@" from beige to teal
and
I used my circle punch to cut out small circles from the "Tie Dye" PP

5 comments:

  1. Such a great layout and I love the colors! I def need to bust out my hs shine sprays. Thank you for always posting and getting me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...that might win for the ugliest paper ever!!! haha But you always know just how to whip them into shape and create awesome layouts--you are the queen of using ugly papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a master at working with ugly paper. A MASTER. Bummer that the Cirque show wasn't better, as it was probably fairly pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ROCKED those papers!!!! I love the triangles!! Bummer the show wasn't better!! We saw the Michael Jackson one in Vegas and LOVED it ... then we went to Zumanity for our anniversary last year, and we weren't impressed with that one! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mAde the ugly paper work! So cool

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...