Wednesday, February 13, 2013

02/13/13 - Childs Play Challenge

Morning! 
 
Just stopping by really quick-like to let you know there is a new challenge up at the Child's Play Challenges  blog which, BTW, is my first DT assignment for the blog.
This weeks challenge is an "art supply" challenge. 
And with Valentine's being tomorrow, it was only fitting that the challenge involve hearts.
 
 
Here is the inspiration photo:
 
 
 
 
And here's what I created:
 
"Luv U" 

As you can see I was very much inspired not only by the hearts but the doilies as well. I actually went a little doily crazy! LOL!
The doilies, both the red hearts and the white "circles", were actually purchased from the $1 bin at Target.  Each set was $1 and they each had 25 doilies in them. Wow! Talk about economical!
The flowers I made w/ a flower punch (love my punches!) and I used eyelets to make their centers (I remember when eyelets were all the rage in scrapbooking!) The cherubs are resin embellies that I won from SB.com. They're not my usual style and I wasn't sure that I would ever be able to make them work on a layout, but they wound up being perfect for this one! I created a small scallop border at the top w/ my small circle punch, cutting the punched circles in half and outlining them w/ my black zig marker (I also outlined everything else on the layout w/ my zig). The banners at the bottom were created out of red cardstock and glued down at different levels in order to just slightly peek out of the cluster of doilies adding extra visual interest. Finally I created my simple title out of white Thickers, using a couple of asterisks from that same set to help tie in the giant red hearts at the top  to the white doilies below.

This layout is not my normal style but I love it!
Proof that working outside of your comfort-zone is not such a bad thing afterall!

Hopefully the pic inspires you as well.
If so please stop by and share your creation w/ us!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Great use of the hearts/doilies! The red ribbons really tie it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those doilies and the angels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! :) I love seeing how other scrappers think alike, so many of us hit up the Target $1 spot for those awesome doilies!! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I actually LOVE your doily crazy page! It's really beautiful. I remember when eyelets were all the rage too. I still have a ton of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...