Saturday, April 13, 2019

04/13/19 - Happy Lunar New Year

I just want to start off by saying: I really, really like these pages.... a lot!
I don't know why exactly.
Perhaps it's the subject matter
or
the memories they bring back
or
that I'm just really into Project Life (style) pages lately
or 
the simple yet still fun feel of them
or 
all of the above

Whatever it is, they make me smile!
Also they were fun to make (both digitally and traditionally).
 
 
Both pages are 12x12 Digital/Traditional Hybrid Project Life Pages

Each page was created on the PL App and then embellished IRL w/ stickers, and/or doodling, and/or stamps.
The "pocket/journaling" cards (3 total) are digital downloads from "In a Creative Bubble" - the Lunar New Year Collection. I purchased and then imported them into the Project Life App.
See them here at the "In a Creative Bubble" - Instagram: LNY
 

We celebrated the 2019 Lunar New Year, the Year of the Pig, with a trip to LA with friends.
The wife is actually Chinese; from China.
It's always extra fun to have her w/ us for these type of events. We've celebrated Lunar New Year in other ways before and, just like w/ this trip, she is able to explain things to us, elaborate on what we are seeing, and also share stories from her childhood growing up in China.
 


 "Happy Lunar New Year" - Page1 

I love that David was able to get almost a full photo of the long Chinese Dragon in the parade, and that I was able to include it on my page!



"Happy Lunar New Year" - Page 2

I made sure to spell out Bruce Lee on the photo of his statue because even though I know who he is, I figure maybe future generations wouldn't.
Though I teased my husband and said, "Is that Jackie Chan?" LOL
But he knew I was teasing!

The rest of the embellishments are from Elle's Studio, Studio Calico, and Kelly Purkey.

This is also part of Project Life Week #06.
I'll be back another time to show you the rest of that week.

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. These pages make me happy too! LOVING all the photos!! And loving that you teased him about Bruce Lee! That is funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These are such festive photos! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these too. The photos are so bright and cheerful and I love the simple layout with the little pig touches. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...