Saturday, January 5, 2019

01/05/19 - Jersey Boys


I have a LOVE/HATE relationship w/ this layout.

I LOVE the layout, and the memory that I scrapped...
I HATE the process I went through to scrap it!

I created the layout, no problem, but when I scanned it I realized it was crooked...
ugh (story of my life)!
Normally I would be like, "oh well" and leave it, but this time it was more crooked than I was okay w/.
BTW I use a ruler to plan everything out so why does that always happen?!
(rhetorical question)

Moving on...
I removed the layers to reattach them so that they would be straighter.
In doing so I didn't realize that I laid a piece that was covered in glue on top of one of my photos...glue side down!
So yup, that photo was ruined!
I had to print another one out:
- waste of supplies
- super frustrating

Finally got the layout back together and noticed that part of the blue heart was not laying down, so I tried to just add a dab of glue stick to the part that was not sticking down and proceeded to get glue all over the green heart! I was able to wipe it off but I can still see a little of the residue and that totally bugs me. To top it off the heart was STILL not lying down (WTHeck heart?!)
I finally ripped it off, reapplied some ATG glue and laid it down.

Then I had trouble scanning it...
I think I did it a total of 4 times before I had the finished product.
Again UGH!

But here it is, flaws and all...
Cuz there are still flaws but I'm not going to touch it anymore!

Please, someone tell me that I'm not the only clumsy scrap booker!


"Jersey Boys"
With all that being said... 
I do love the layout, as long as I don't dwell on the mistakes.
I also love that I was able to finally use my "Las Vegas" stamp from Studio Calico: Las Vegas Stamp
And I love that I am keeping w/ my NY Resolution to scrap older photos.
Also, my OLW came in handy during the process.
I'll be sharing my OLW in a future post... soon!

6 comments:

  1. Been there - SO many times! The layout is awesome though - totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So frustrating! Sorry, but also happy, that you can relate! Kinda sorta why I shared the PITA that it was...to get some confirmation that I'm not the only klutz and to show to others: not every layout creation is a smooth process.

      Delete
  2. You are telling this to the girl that gave herself a blister rubbing residual glue off of something! LOL!!! I totally get it!!!! I loveeeeeeeee how this turned out!!! Great photos and memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten glue/tape on photos more often than I would like to admit - and things looking crooked even after they are measured and remeasured...yeah, totally feel your pain! Your layout is gorgeous and that background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when that happens, but it is an awesome layout. Hopefully you can look at it and just think of the great time you had and not dwell on the frustration of making the layout...Making Memories is the most important part of scrapbooking :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...