Monday, August 27, 2018

08/27/18 - "Chunky Dunk"

Hi there...
Just sharing Layout # 127 of the year.
Remember my goal was 75?
Yeah, I succeeded and surpassed it.
I feel pretty good about that in general, and also cuz this year has been a busy, and at times, tough year... and I'm proud of myself for making a commitment to allow myself to also do something I love while trying to navigate life.
Ladies...make time for yourself!
 
Any-hooooo...
Here is today's layout.
 
"Chunky Dunk"
Journaling: "The view from my window...
He's not Skinny Dipping he's Chunky Dunking"

We have had Hamlet for a little over 3 years now and I still am in disbelief sometimes when I see him in our backyard... like "OMG we have a pig!" LOL
Most of the time though I just enjoy seeing him do his thing... it really makes me smile to see him enjoying life.
And this particular moment was no exception.
I live in Southern CA and it has been super hot, like...record HIGH HOT, so a pool is definitely a necessity for a piggy, since they don't sweat.
And here he is taking a much needed Dip, err.. I mean Dunk! Hahahahaha!

Design Details:
The BG paper is a very old piece of American Crafts surfboard patterned paper.
I'm talking old-old! I don't remember when I got it or where I got it, but it's been in my stash and I have never had a need for it.
Though in this case Hamlet is not surfing, but the color is perfect!
At the bottom are Studio Calico Documenter (AKA PL Cards) layered on top of each other.
One used for journaling, the other w/ a wave pattern to help emphasize the water theme of the layout.
Also old? the brown alphas I used to spell "dunk".
Those are Echo Park "Good Life" alphas. I have had those in my stash since... at least...2010.
The alpha sheet has hardly any letters left on it but I keep my old alphas sheets JIC, and as you can see, in this case I was able to use it.
Except for the PP behind the photo, and the Circle under "Chunky" everything else is a sticker.

Because this layout and the topic of the layout make me happy, I will also be submitting this for the current challenge over at The Studio Challenges Blog; their current challenge is "Happy".

4 comments:

  1. I love the background paper...I didn't even notice they were surfboards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize they were surfboard either! It totally works. LOVE the journaling - LOL! Congrats on smashing your 75 layout goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooo fun! LOVING that journaling and HUGE congrats on crushing your LO goal!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun layout - and such gorgeous colours too! I love how your elements work so well with your funny subject! So cute!
    Thanks for joining us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...