Monday, May 7, 2018

05/07/18 - National Scrapbook Day/Weekend Projects

How was your National Scrapbooking Day?
Hopefully productive!
 
Mine was,  but not scrappy-wise, LOL
 
My son came down from where he now lives, which is about an hour away, to go to the movies w/ my husband and then take him, and I out for my Early Mother's Day Lunch.
W/ that and real life responsibilities, including a dog who has recently become "handicapped", (about a month ago he lost use of his back legs and he needs constant supervision and assistance) I didn't have a whole lot time to myself to scrap.
But no worries...
I still got a few layouts done, though it took 3 days: Friday. Saturday, and Sunday.
 
Here they are in order of when I scrapped them..
And coincidentally they are all food related; it seriously was just a coincidence!
 
 
 FRIDAY -
 
"Say Cheesecake"
 
Documenting a "tasty" piece of Pumpkin Cheesecake I had at the "Lazy Dog" Restaurant in March.
This is a page in my Food Themed Travelers Notebook.
 
The Alphas and the Sunday Fun-Day stamp came from the Kelly Purkey shop:
and the PPs and "eating" sticker came from her March Traveler's Notebook Kit.
I just signed up as a subscriber to her kits and this was my first:  March TN Kit/Tina's Currents
 
The "Tasty" stamp is from Citrus Twist and is one of my favorite stamp sets, second only to the "Fri-Yay" stamp set I mentioned above.
Though I am not a subscriber.
 
 


SATURDAY -

"Copy Cat Cookies"
 
This was actually created on NSD and was inspired by the following Studio Calico Challenge:
Mix It Up Challenge  - which is still open until May 13th
 
The challenge is to use a Documenter Card (AKA their version of a Project Life Card) on a non-pocket page layout.
I used 2: the "Good Stuff" journaling card and the Pink Squiggly card from which I also punched out the half-circle embellishment.
I am subscriber of their Documenter Kit (AKA their version of a Project Life Kit) also.
 
Here's the journaling:
"Have you heard of the Levain Cookie?
It is a 'World Famous' 6oz chocolate chip walnut cookie at the Levain Bakery in New York. They are described as 'enormous, crunchy on the outside and soft and ooey gooey on the inside'. People wait in long lines to get their hands on one; apparently it's worth it!
David found a copy cat recipe and they are now, officially, my FAVORITE cookie! If these are anywhere near as good as the originals, I would definitely agree that they are worth standing in line for! Someday I hope to try the real thing. BTW - David created a special Pumpkin Spice version for me."
 
 
 
 
SUNDAY -
 
"Oh, Yeah!"
 
Another Page in my Food Themed Traveler's Notebook.
Also another Challenge inspired by Studio Calico, also involving a Documenter Card, although this time
it's to use a Documenter Card on a Traveler's Notebook layout: Doc to TN Challenge
This one is also still open until May 13th.
 
The "delicious" is from the same Citrus Twist stamp I mentioned above; I have already gotten a lot of us out of the set and know I will continue to do so!
 
 
 
Though I didn't get to create a lot I am happy w/ all that I did create and to me, that's the most important thing: quality over quantity!
 
TFSB!

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee these!! And how funny they ended up being about food! LOL!!! LOVE that!! And sorry to hear about your doggy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome you got to create this past weekend! Great pages :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pages!! Not only are they all food, but they're all dessert. (My favorite!) I HAVE to try that cookie. And I am SO jealous of your candy prize package. That is awesome.

    Very sorry to hear about Spotty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...