Monday, November 21, 2016

11/21/16 - November "Ugly Paper" Challenge

For the November Ugly Paper Challenge.

Reminder of the rules:

1. After signing up, the host gives your name and address to another participant
2. The other participant sends you 2 "ugly" papers and at least one ugly embellishment
3. You MUST use both papers; the embellishment(s) is optional
4. You are allowed to use other items as well, as long as the 2 "ugly" papers are included in the layout
5. You are allowed to alter the papers and, if used, the embellishment(s) but they must still be recognizable




November "Uglies"

This one was a toughie!
But here's what I came up with...

I am sharing 2 copies of the layout.
A blurry copy shot from high above w/ my camera so you can see the shininess of the papers.
And a scanned copy which is clearer but doesn't show the shininess.





"Get Away"


A photo of David and me from 2015.
We were drinking and being silly and he was taking a "selfie" of us and I decided to lean in for a kiss and he decided...
to make that face... LOL

I posted it on Instagram w/ the caption:
"Hey! Don't diss my kiss!"

I then used the caption for my journaling on this layout.



Oh, also I used the "ugly" embellishment...
Cutting off the "Summer" part of "Summer Getaway".
I used the "Getaway" even though it technically is incorrect for how I used it... "Get Away" ... I still think it works, as does the arrow.
I also cut a heart out of one of the papers to use as an embellishment.

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. You rocked those papers!! This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm constantly amazed by how you make these ugly papers not only look good but make sense with your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome use of the papers! Love the faces you guys made haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...