Monday, May 16, 2016

05/16/16 - MIM #60

Good morning!
It's time for another "Make It Monday" sketch from "The Memory Nest".
This is the second sketch of the month:

Sketch #60 - You have until the end of May to submit a layout to be in the running for a prize: 





 "Wideload"
Journaling: "Hamlet tipping his "ball pit" to get to his treats; too lazy to climb all 
the way in. Eventually he climbed in when he realized his treats were not coming to
him like the balls were! 4.27.16"

(For those who don't know and can't tell,  Hamlet is a mini-potbelly pig.)


This page was created mostly w/ scraps leftover from one of my favorite scrapbook kits: Happy Tails by Bo Bunny.
The title letters and all the PPs, except the BG, are from the kit.
I still have some full pages of paper left but I challenged myself to use only scraps on this layout.
It was a fun extra challenge for myself...
It ended up in a layout that I absolutely LOVE!!!!!!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Also included in the following SB.com Challenges:

>"NSD The Paws Have It (Pet-Themed) Challenge"


>"May Scrap With Your Scraps Challenge" - I used 3 scraps:
-The black polka-dotted paper
-The blue diamond paper
-The yellow paper
*NO TWIST


> "May HOARDERS Challenge" - 7 items:
Everything on this page, except the file tab sticker, is over a year-and-a-half old
*NO TWIST

>"May Sticker Challenge" - I used 10
-Alphas = 8
-The turquoise file tab
-The utensil banner
*NO TWIST

9 comments:

  1. Oh my word - what a cute photo! Love your colorful layout, and way to go on using up scraps on this one. I need to challenge myself to do that a little more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean look of this page! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooooooooooo fun! I loveeeeeeeee that story and the photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the "3" for an "e" :) very cute layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! I didn't know Hamlet has a ball pit. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how all the bold circles on the papers echo the balls in the pit. Made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!! I am glad you clarified because I assumed this was a cat. I love that he has a ball pit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Doreen! You know I especially love the doodled journaling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!! Love your clean lines and the way the title pops!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...