Sunday, March 13, 2016

03/14/16 - MIM #56

Happy "Make it Monday" to you!

This is the second "The Memory Nest" sketch for March 2016.
You have until the last day of March to submit an entry for this sketch or the one we revealed on March 7th: MIM#55.


MIM #56






"Hamlet's First Birthday"
(click on image to enlarge)
Journaling: "Happy Birthday to this guy! Today is Hamlet's 1st birthday!
He had an apple w/ crunchy Peanut Butter and whipped cream as his
Birthday Treat; he loved it! BTW it's also National Pig Day!
March 1st, 2016"


I was so excited to scrap this photo but couldn't find any birthday paper!
I did have 2 birthday papers in my stash but they just didn't work well w/ the photo.
So I thought outside the box and used a colorful "number" paper.
In order to make it look like a birthday page I added a birthday hat embellishment (it was my last so luckily it was blue and not pink!) and a journaling card that said "Happy" on it, to which I added "birthday" in brown to match the dominant color in the photo.
And of course I HAD to add the cute pig sticker...which happened to be pink so I was able to have an excuse to use the "remember this" cut out... but I balanced it w/ 2 other blue accents.
This layout actually came together pretty quickly! The most time consuming part was digging through my stash! I swear as organized as I am, I always have trouble finding things!!!
Anyway... love this layout; definitely worthy of a celebration!


(If you're wondering what that sticker under Hamlet says, it's "This is Pretty Special" in gold; it didn't show up well in the photo).



5 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute! LOVING the pig embellie and the number paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! The paper works perfectly. How cool is it that his birthday is also National Pig Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute page!! LOVE the background paper and your little pig embellishment. Plus Hamlet is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Hamlet for a pig! Fab little details on your page, love the calendar with the date circled, will be storing that up for use in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...